Using the wrong metal in an airplane or automotive part can cause a catastrophe. Misidentifying stainless steel can hurt your brand. Volatile base metal prices, combined with globalized trade in scrap metal, alloy stock, and finished products have increased the costs of alloy mix-ups to suppliers, distributors, and industrial consumers. It’s more important than ever to analyze your metals for positive grade identification and alloy content when they come in the door as well as when they go out the door.
In this Analyzing Metals blog, experts in the field will be discussing the technologies, trends, and techniques to help in:
- fast, accurate scrap metal sorting, which is fundamental to profitability for your scrap recycling operation,
- accurate determination of purity of gold and other precious metals,
- material verification for alloy quality assurance and alloy quality control (alloy QA/QC), which are critical to product safety,
- the front lines of risk reduction and regulatory compliance at petroleum and petrochemical facilities,
- monitoring the trace alloy content of carbon steel piping where FAC is a concern,
- proper performance of aircraft and automotive components,
- nondestructive chemistry and grade verification of chill castings and final product,
- …and more
Follow us to find new ways to help your operations gain greater efficiency and profitability through metals analysis.
Visit often, share and comment!
Subscribe to receive new blog posts by email or RSS and get new content as soon as it’s published!