Neon Transfection System
Superior electroporation performance
The Neon Transfection System offers an innovative electroporation transfection method that utilizes a proprietary biologically compatible pipette tip chamber to generate a more uniform electric field for a significant increase in transfection efficiency and cell viability.
Get improved transfection outcomes with the Neon transfection system:
- Efficiency—up to 90% transfection and gene-editing efficiency in extremely difficult cells, including immune, primary and stem cells; over 140 cell lines were tested with optimized ready-to-use conditions, efficiency and viability.
- Flexibility—open system allows electroporation parameters to be optimized freely; easily transfect from 2 x 104 cells to 6 x 106 cells per reaction
- Simplicity—single reagent kit for all cell types.
- Versatility—can be used to deliver DNA, RNA and protein
High transfection efficiency and high cell viability in a broad range of cell lines
Over 140 cell types have been successfully transfected with the Neon Transfection System. Up to up to 90% transfection and gene-editing efficiency in in extremely difficult cells, including immune, primary and stem cells.
Figure 1. High transfection efficiency of Jurkat cells with Neon Tranfection System. Intracellular uptake of reporter vector encoded with EGFP at 24 hr following transfection of Jurkat cells with Neon Transfection System. B is the corresponding fluorescence image of A.
Plug-n-play out of the box
The transfection processes couldn’t be simpler. Take up the cells and plasmid mix into the Neon Pipette tip, plug into the pipette holder and press start. Then just pipette the transfected cells into your culture vessel. No more filling and pulling sample from the cuvette and capping and de-capping. The Neon system uses a simple 3-step transfection procedure. The transfection occurs in the Neon Pipette tip.
- Load mix of harvested cells and molecules to be delivered (e.g., DNA, RNA, protein) into the Neon Pipette tip.
- Plug the pipette into position in the Neon transfection device; select your protocol, and press Start.
- Unplug the pipette and transfer your transfected cells into a tissue culture vessel.
Simplified transfection kit for all cell types
Avoid the hassle of determining which proprietary buffer kit will work with your favorite cell type. We have simplified your work with just one transfection kit that is compatible with all cell types. Start your transfection with our optimized protocols for popular cell types, or follow our standard simple optimization procedure for all new cell types.
Neon transfection system how-to video
Specialized Neon pipette tip
Unlike standard cuvette-based electroporation chambers, the Neon system uses a proprietary biologically compatible pipette tip chamber that generates a more uniform electric field. This design allows a better maintenance of physiological conditions resulting in very high cell survival compared to conventional electroporation.* Request a demo
Figure 2. Standard electroporation cuvette compared to Neon pipette tip. The design of the electrode in pipette has been shown to produce a more uniform electric field. The result is less toxicity to the cells and higher transfection efficiencies.
* Kim JA, Cho K, Shin MS, et al. (2008) A novel electroporation method using a capillary and wire-type electrode. Biosens Bioelectron 23(9):1353-1360.
Cell Culture & Transfection Learning Center
Access cell culture & transfection application resources for more success as you plan and execute your experiments.
Cell Culture & Transfection Support Center
Find tips, troubleshooting help, and resources for your cell culture & transfection workflows.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.