We offer easy-to-use colorimetric or fluorescent peptide assays that are designed specifically to improve the sensitivity and reproducibility of quantitation of peptide mixtures. The kits include simple protocols with a representative standard enclosed. The kits have been fully validated with representative samples that have been processed and analyzed using Thermo Scientific Mass Spectrometers
BCA Protein Assays
The BCA Protein Assay is a popular method for colorimetric detection and quantitation of total protein. The new Pierce Rapid Gold BCA Protein Assay provides comparable accuracy to the standard BCA assay, but requires only a five minute incubation time at room temperature. These BCA Protein Assays have a unique advantage over the Modified Lowry Protein Assay and any of the Coomassie dye–based assays–they are compatible with samples that contain up to 5% surfactants (detergents). Compared to most dye-binding methods, the BCA Assays are affected much less by protein compositional differences, providing greater protein-to-protein uniformity.
Choose the right BCA protein assay for your sample
|Rapid Gold BCA Protein Assay||BCA Protein Assay
||BCA Protein Assay - Reducing Agent Compatible||Micro BCA Protein Assay|
|Key applications||Determine the amount of IgG coated on plates; Measure the amount of protein covalently bound to affinity supports||Determine the amount of IgG coated on plates; Measure the amount of protein covalently bound to affinity supports||Allows the use of the BCA Assay in situations in which it is normally unable to be read||Suitable for determining protein concentration in very dilute aqueous solution|
|Uniformity||Less protein:protein variation than Coomassie dye methods||Less protein:protein variation than Coomassie dye methods||Significantly less (14–23%) protein:protein variation than Bradford-based methods||Less protein:protein variation than BCA, Coomassie dye, or Lowry methods|
|Standard tube protocol range||20–2,000 µg/mL (50 µL)||20–2,000 µg/mL (50 µL)||125–2,000 (25 µL)||0.5 to 20 (500 µL)|
|Microplate protocol range||20 to 2,000 (25 µL)||20 to 2,000 (25 µL)||125 to 2,000 (9 µL)||2 to 40 (150 µL)|
|Incubation time and temperature||5 min at room temperature||30 min at 37°C||45 min at 37°C||60 min at 60°C|
|Total assay time||50 min||100 min||115 min||130 min|
|Absorbance||480 nm||562 nm||562 nm||562 nm|
|Compatibilities||Detergents||Detergents||Detergents /Reducing agents||Detergents|
|Incompatibilities||Reducing agents; chelators||Reducing agents; chelators||Chelators||Reducing agents; chelators|
|Product size||250 mL/kit; 500 mL/kit||500 mL/kit; 1 L/kit||275 mL/kit||500 mL/kit|
|Order Now||Order Now||Order Now||Order Now|
- Rapid Gold BCA Protein Assay – green to yellow (A480), two-component, precise, detergent compatible assay to measure total protein vs. protein standard in 5 minutes at room temperature – green to yellow (A480), two-component, precise, detergent compatible assay to measure total protein vs. protein standard in 5 minutes at room temperature.
- BCA Protein Assay – green-to-purple (A562 nm), two-component, precise, detergent-compatible assay reagent to measure total protein concentration vs. protein standard in 30 minutes at 37°C.
- BCA Protein Assay - Reducing Agent Compatible – reducing agent–compatible version of our popular BCA Reagent Kit to measure protein concentration in samples containing DTT or BME thiol-reductants.
- Micro BCA Protein Assay – special 3-component version of our popular BCA Reagent Kit to measure total protein concentration of dilute protein solutions (0.5 to 20 μg/mL).
- Determine the amount of IgG coated on plates
- Measure the amount of protein covalently bound to affinity supports
- Measure column fractions after affinity chromatography
- Estimate percent recovery of membrane proteins from cell extracts
- High-throughput screening of fusion proteins
- Study protein:protein interactions
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.