The Thermo Scientific™ X1 Upgrade increases the capabilities of the current Thermo Scientific™ ArrayScan™ VTI High Content Reader with the new Photometrics™ X1 large field of view camera and the new high-performance Windows™ 7, 64-bit PC. With more resolution, a larger field-of-view and more powerful computing, the X1 Upgrade is an affordable way to advance the technology of one of the world’s most productive high-content readers.
X1 Upgrade for ArrayScan™ VTI HCS Reader
- High sensitivity—by harnessing the photon-collecting power of the Sony™ SuperHAD microlens architecture, the X1 camera becomes ultra-sensitive without sacrificing resolution (4.5 μm/pixel)
- See more in fewer images—the cutting-edge X1 camera is the most powerful HCS imaging tool to boost quantitative performance; see more of the biology in fewer images with the enlarged 2,208 x 2,208 pixel array (Figure 1); by helping to ensure reliability and reproducibility, the X1 camera's CCD technology helps you have confidence in the data you collect
- Hardware designed for high throughput—processing of the data and images from the X1 camera is optimized with a powerful Windows™ 7, 64-bit PC with a quad core processor; speed and reliability are key when handling the large volume of images and data that high content generates, and the PC provides the processing speed and hardware reliability to get closer to answering the most important biological questions
Figure 1. Photometrics X1 Upgrade for ArrayScan™ VTI HCS Reader. Comparison of large field of view from Photometrics X1 compared to ORCA-R2 Camera standard field of view.
Key technological features
- Binning option applied before digitization, which reduces read noise and provides for a 4:1 signal-to-noise ratio
- Larger chip (2,208 x 2,208)
- Sony™ SuperHAD microlens architecture for light collection
- Background uniformity
- Increased speed with powerful Windows™ 7, 64-bit PC with a quad core processor
||Photometrics X1 CCD: High-resolution, thermo-electrically cooled to 0°C; 14-bit dynamic range; 2208 x 2208 pixel array; 4.54 micron pixel size; 75% peak Quantum Efficiency (QE); USB 2.0 (no additional CameraLink or FireWire Cards needed); 1x1, 2x2, or 4x4 binning options|
Product specifications sheet
|X1 Upgrade for ArrayScan VTI HCS Reader||1 each||N01X1SHTLAS||Request a quote|