Nuclease-Free Microfuge, Conical, PCR Tubes and Caps
Ambion® Tubes & Caps are guaranteed RNase- and DNase-free.
Each lot of tubes is subjected to rigorous testing for RNase contamination and is certified to be nuclease-free. The standard testing calls for incubation of labeled nucleic acid in randomly sampled tubes at 37°C for 14 to 16 hr. The nucleic acid from each tube is then analyzed for degradation by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- AM12225 - Thin-walled, frosted lid, RNase-free PCR tubes (1000 x 0.2ml)
- AM12230 - PCR tubes & caps, RNase-free, 0.2 ml (125 strips x 8-tubes)
- AM12250 - Thin-walled, domed cap, RNase-free PCR tubes (1000 x 0.5 ml)
- AM12275 - Thin-walled, frosted lid, RNase-free PCR tubes (1000 x 0.5 ml)
- AM12300 - RNase-free microfuge tubes (1000 x 0.5 ml)
- AM12350 - Non-stick RNase-free microfuge tubes (500 x 0.5 ml)
- AM12400 - RNase-free microfuge tubes (500 x 1.5 ml)
- AM12425 - RNase-free microfuge tubes (500 x 2.0 ml)
- AM12475 - Non-stick RNase-free microfuge tubes 250 x 2.0 ml)
- AM12500 - Conical tubes (500 x 15 ml)
- AM12501 - Conical tubes (200 x 50 ml)
Nuclease-Free Pipette Tips
Each lot of Ambion® Tips is subjected to rigorous testing and is certified to be nuclease-free.
Ambion® Barrier tips prevent cross-contamination of samples by means of an aerosol filter. They are ideal for handling RNA, PCR applications, and for working with radioisotopes or toxic chemicals.
- AM12650 - RNase-free tips, 200 μl size (Ten 8 x 12 racks)
- AM12660 - RNase-free tips, 1000 μl size (Ten racks x 100 tips each)
- AM12635 - Barrier (filter) tips, 10 μl size - Eppendorf® (Ten 8 x 12 racks)
- AM12645 - Barrier (filter) tips, 20 μl size (Ten 8 x 12 racks)
- AM12648 - Barrier (filter) tips, 100 μl size (Ten 8 x 12 racks)
- AM12655 - Barrier (filter) tips, 200 μl size (Ten 8 x 12 racks)
- AM12665 - Barrier (filter) tips, 1000 μl size (Ten racks x 100 tips each)
Ambion® RNaseZap® is a surface decontamination solution that removes RNase contamination from glass and plastic surfaces. It’s ideal for cleaning work surfaces, pipettors, and equipment that must be RNase-free.
Ambion® ElectroZap™ is specially formulated to instantaneously eliminate RNase contamination from electrodes.
- AM9780 - RNaseZap®, 250 ml
- AM9780M - RNaseZap® with Manual, 250 ml
- AM9782 - RNaseZap®, 6 x 250 ml
- AM9782M - RNaseZap® with manual, 6 x 250 ml
- AM9784 - RNaseZap®, 4 L
- AM9786 - RNaseZap® Wipes, 100 sheets
- AM9786M - RNaseZap® Wipes with Manual, 100 sheets
- AM9788 - RNaseZap® Wipes Refill, 300 sheets
- AM9788M - RNaseZap® Wipes Refill with manual, 300 sheets
- AM9785 - ElectroZap™, 250 ml
SUPERase•In™ RNase Inhibitor is a protein based inhibitor of nonhuman origin that noncovalently binds and inhibits the most common and troublesome RNases including RNase A, B, C, 1 and T1.
Ambion® ANTI-RNase is a protein ribonuclease inhibitor that noncovalently binds and inactivates neutral pancreatic RNase A–type enzymes.
Ambion® RNAsecure™ (patents pending) is a unique non-enzymatic reagent that will irreversibly inactivate RNases in solution.
- AM2694 - SUPERase•In™ (20 U/µl) (2500 U)
- AM2696 - SUPERase•In™ (20 U/µl) (10,000 U)
- AM2690 - ANTI-RNase (15-30 U/µl) (2500 U)
- AM2692 - ANTI-RNase (15-30 U/µl) (10,000 U)
- AM7006 - RNAsecure™ Reagent (10 ml)
Ambion® Nuclease-free water has not been treated with DEPC; residual DEPC may negatively impact some applications (i.e. oocyte injection). It is rigorously tested for contaminating nonspecific endonuclease, exonuclease, and RNase activity.
Ambion® DEPC-treated water is certified nuclease-free. DEPC-treated water is autoclaved pre- and post-packaging to ensure sterility and inactivation of DEPC. It is rigorously tested for contaminating nonspecific endonuclease, exonuclease, and RNase activity.
- 4387936 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 4 L
- AM9932 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 1 L
- AM9937 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 10 x 50 ml
- AM9939 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 5 x 100 ml
- AM9930 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 500 ml
- AM9938 - Nuclease-free Water (not DEPC-treated), 100 ml
- AM9916 - DEPC-treated Water, 5 x 100 ml
Gel running solutions, RNA storage solutions, buffer kit, coprecipitants for nucleic acid precipitation, and a wide selection of individual buffers.
- AM9855G - 1 M Tris, pH 8.0, 100 ml
- AM9856 - 1 M Tris, pH 8.0, 500 ml
- AM9849 - TE, pH 8.0, 500 ml
- AM9858 - TE, pH 8.0, 1 L
- AM9624 - PBS 10X, pH 7.4, 500 ml
- AM9625 - PBS 10X, pH 7.4, 1 L
- AM9680 - Salmon Sperm DNA (sheared, 10 mg/ml), 10 x 10 mg
- AM9720 - Acid-Phenol:Chloroform, pH 4.5 (with IAA, 125:24:1), 100 ml
- AM9722 - Acid-Phenol:Chloroform, pH 4.5 (with IAA, 125:24:1), 400 ml
- AM9510 - Glycogen (5 mg/ml), 5 x 1 ml
- AM9515 - GlycoBlue™ (15 mg/ml) 300 µl
- AM9516 - GlycoBlue™ (15 mg/ml) 5 x 0.3 ml
- AM2546 - Proteinase K Solution (20 mg/ml), 1 ml
- AM2548 - Proteinase K Solution (20 mg/ml), 5 x 1.25 ml
Sample Collection Stabilization
RNA Later® is an aqueous, nontoxic tissue storage reagent that rapidly permeates tissues to stabilize and protect cellular RNA.
- Single reagent immediately inactivates RNases and stabilizes RNA within tissues or cells
- No need to freeze samples in liquid nitrogen or rush samples back to the lab freezer
- Eliminates the need to freeze and grind most tissue samples
- Perfect for tissue collection "in the field"
- RNA is stable for 1 day at 37°C, 1 week at 25°C, 1 month at 4°C or indefinitely at -20°C
- Compatible with many RNA isolation procedures including most RNA isolation kits
Ambion® RNA®later®-ICE is a novel reagent for transitioning frozen tissue to a state enabling easy extraction of high-quality RNA; frozen tissues are simply submerged in Ambion® RNAlater®-ICE and allowed to thaw overnight at –20°C. Once thawed, the tissues can be processed like fresh tissues using standard RNA isolation procedures. No more laborious grinding of frozen tissue to safeguard the RNA.
- AM7020 - RNAlater®, 100 ml
- AM7021 - RNAlater®, 500 ml
- AM7024 - RNAlater®, 250 ml
- AM7023 - RNAlater®, 20 bottles x 5 ml
- AM7022 - RNAlater®, 50 tubes x 1.5 ml
- AM7030 - RNAlater®-ICE, 25 ml
Ambion® RNA Millennium™ Markers are designed to provide accurate size determination of single-stranded RNA transcripts from 0.5 to 9 kb and can be used in any northern protocol.
Ambion® RNA Century™-Plus Markers are a set of 7 in vitro transcripts of 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 750, and 1000 bases.
Ambion® RNA Century™ Markers are a set of 5 in vitro transcripts of 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 bases.
The Ambion® Decade™ Marker System produces a set of radiolabeled RNA molecules of 150, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 nucleotides. The molecular weight markers are ideally suited for experiments where RNA molecules less than 150 nucleotides in length are being studied.
- AM7150 - RNA Millennium™ Markers (25 lanes)
- AM7145 - RNA Century™-Plus Markers (50 µg)
- AM7140 - RNA Century™ Markers (50 µg)
- AM7778 - Decade™ Markers (10 rxns)
Northern Blotting Reagents
The Ambion® NorthernMax®-Gly Kit is an alternative to formaldehyde-based systems for northern analysis and uses a glyoxal/DMSO Loading Solution for sample denaturation.
The Ambion® NorthernMax® Kit contains a complete set of RNase-free reagents for running formaldehyde-based northern analysis. This kit is ideal for the investigator who wants to use familiar reagents while taking advantage of NorthernMax® Kit's high sensitivity. Sufficient reagents are provided to process 1000 cm2 membrane.
- AM1946 - NorthernMax®-Gly Kit (1000 cm2)
- AM1940 - NorthernMax® Kit (1000 cm2)
- AM8670 - ULTRAhyb® Ultrasensitive Hybridization Buffer (125 ml)