EXPRESS One-Step SuperScript qRT-PCR Kits
EXPRESS One-Step SuperScript qRT-PCR SuperMix Kits incorporate proven Invitrogen enzymes now specifically tailored to deliver superior results on high-throughput, Fast-cycling instruments for your probe-based qPCR experiments.
These kits provide:
- Fast-activating, antibody-mediated Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase
- The One-Step SuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase module has a unique formulation to ensure better yield and less PCR inhibition, specifically for one-step qRT-PCR
- Flexible formats with ROX™ dye premixed or separate - designed to work with default instrument protocols on a wide range of high-throughput Fast instruments (Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast, 7900HT Fast, and StepOne™ systems, Roche LightCycler 480, Corbett Rotor-Gene™)
- The only commercially available one-step qRT-PCR kits containing heat-labile UDG—significantly reduces carryover contamination risk with excellent activity from room temperature to approximately 40°C
One-Step reactions and rapid cycling
EXPRESS One-Step SuperScript qRT-PCR Kits provide components for one-step reverse transcription (RT) and quantitative PCR (qRT-PCR) in a convenient format that is compatible with both rapid and standard qPCR cycling conditions. Both cDNA synthesis and PCR are performed in a single tube using gene-specific primers and either total RNA or mRNA. These one-step qRT-PCR kits have been formulated for use with TaqMan probe-based technology.
High performance enzymes and reagents formulated for convenience
The RT mix includes SuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase and RNaseOUT™ Recombinant Ribonuclease Inhibitor. The EXPRESS qPCR SuperMix includes Platinum Taq DNA polymerase, MgCl2, dNTPs (with dUTP instead of dTTP), heat-labile uracil DNA glycosylase (UDG), and stabilizers. Note that this unique one-step formulation includes a special form of UDG in the SuperMix to help prevent re-amplification of carryover PCR products between reactions.
- SuperMix with Premixed ROX™ dye: The qPCR SuperMix with premixed ROX™ dye includes ROX™ dye Reference Dye at a final concentration of 500 nM to normalize the fluorescent signal on instruments that are compatible with this option, including most Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments
- Universal SuperMix: The Universal SuperMix includes ROX™ dye as a separate component for instruments that use ROX™ at a different concentration or do not require ROX™ dye. Examples of instruments that use ROX™ dye at a lower concentration are the Applied Biosystems 7500 and ViiA™ 7 System