Membranes and Transfer Buffers for Western Blotting
Western blotting membranes & transfer buffers
Sheets, rolls, and pre-assembled sandwiches containing nitrocellulose or PVDF with high binding capacities for Western blot and other protein or nucleic acid methods.
Pre-cut cotton sheets for wet or semi-dry, passive or electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to PVDF, nitrocellulose, or other membranes.
Ready-to-use buffers for standard wet, semi-dry and fast semi-dry blotting systems.
Before you commit valuable time and detection reagents to western blot detection, assess the efficiency of the SDS-PAGE transfer step by using a reversible membrane stain. Ponceau S stain has traditionally been used as a membrane stain, but it lacks the detection sensitivity needed for some transferred proteins. Our Pierce and Novex membrane stains offer superior sensitivity and do not affect downstream western detection steps.
Pierce Reversible Protein Stain Kits for Membranes
- Good staining profile—highly sensitive, easy to document, permanent until reversed (does not fade)
- Sensitive—high-avidity, total-protein stain; lower limit of detection equals 25 to 50 ng per band
- Specific—detects only protein; does not bind or interact with other electrophoresis or sample components; downstream western blot detection is unaffected
- Rapid—typically stain in less than 5 minutes (nitrocellulose kit) or 30 minutes (PVDF kit); completely erase and reverse staining in less than 15 minutes
- Stable—components are stable at room temperature, saving refrigerator space and eliminating equilibration steps
Novex Reversible Membrane Protein Stain Kit
- Sensitive—highly sensitive protein band detection (<10 ng bovine serum albumin) with minimal background
- Rapid—the staining procedure is typically complete in less than 10 minutes, resulting in blue protein bands; the staining reaction is fully reversed in 5 additional minutes
- Nondestructive—subsequent western blot detection is unaffected by the staining and erasing process, and in some cases higher sensitivity is achieved
- Stable—kit is stored at room temperature for convenience