Spectroscopy, Elemental & Isotope Analysis Learning Center
A full spectrum of answers, from research to testing, analysis, and process monitoring
- Understand more about technologies that provide rapid, efficient qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Learn how these technologies serve a range of industrial, educational, environmental and health markets
- Get the help you need to find the answers you seek in your lab or in the field
- Learn techniques for more confident analysis and better decision making
Spectroscopy, Elemental & Isotope Analysis features
Technology advancements have reduced the cost and enhanced the capabilities of an FTIR. Learn why FTIR is now the technique of choice for compound identification work in academic, analytical, QA/QC and forensic labs.
Learn how the Thermo Scientific™ Antaris™ FT-NIR Analyzer helps Abiogen save time and money and increase staff productivity in both its warehouse and its laboratory.
Watch how you can achieve faster analysis times and greater sensitivity with the small, lightweight ergonomically designed Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL5 X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzer.
Find application notes, webinars, and videos for molecular spectroscopy technologies, including UV-visible, FTIR, Raman, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), and near infrared (NIR).
Spectroscopy, Elemental & Isotope Applications
- Analytical Instrument Solutions for Automotive—Find resources that demonstrate why instruments that reveal the chemistry and composition of materials play an essential role across the supply chain, from R&D to failure analysis.
- Chemistry in the Classroom—Find lesson plans, videos and products that fit your curriculum topics and students.
- Quality Control Tools for Material Verification—Learn about intuitive spectroscopy and rheology tools—perfect for QA/QC testing.
- Carbon Materials Analysis with Raman & XPS—Stay up to date with the latest Raman and XPS information for carbon analysis.
Here you can find the basics of FTIR applications as well as information on sample preparation for transmission experiments, the power of FTIR microscopy, and charts relating chemical structure to the infrared spectrum.
This section gives you a general overview of how NIR works as well as application-specific information to help you learn more about this important tool for the analysis of industrial materials.
Find FTIR-based techniques, webinars and applications describing how to analyze exhaust gases, monitor continuous emissions gases (CEM) and evaluate high-purity gases.
Learn more about NMR spectroscopy—a powerful technique used to determine the structure of organic compounds and find spectral information on essential oils, botanicals, pharmaceuticals, insectides, solvents and more.
Understand how atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS), inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS), and inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES) are used to analyze and quantify trace compounds and isotopes found in materials ranging from sediment to food to ocean water.
View a large selection of recorded webinars on a variety of molecular spectroscopy techniques (FTIR, NIR, Raman, Uv-Vis) and applications. Coverage includes market examples in a variety of industries.
Learn how to get the most from your Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ FTIR Spectrometer System. Videos guide new users from the basics of configuring the software settings through advanced functionality, analysis, and reporting.
Access a targeted collection of application notes, case studies, videos, webinars and white papers covering a range of applications for Fourier Transform infrared spectroscopy, Near-infrared spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Ultraviolet-Visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometry, X-Ray Fluorescence, and more.