Oncomine Myeloid Research Assay
One single assay for comprehensive coverage of relevant myeloid mutations
Current methods for the analysis of hematological malignancies often involve multiple sequential tests and laborious workflows. Adoption of next-generation sequencing (NGS) into clinical research laboratories has created an unprecedented opportunity to profile the multiple relevant driver genes in myeloid malignancies in a single test.
The Ion Torrent Oncomine Myeloid Research Assay is a comprehensive, targeted NGS assay designed to assist in the understanding of myeloid cancer. Specifically, it interrogates relevant DNA mutations and fusion transcripts associated with myeloid disorders in a quick and easy NGS run. Our panel is comprised of 40 key DNA target genes and 29 driver genes in a broad fusion panel (Table 1) to cover all the major myeloid disorders: acute myeloid leukemia (AML), myeloid dysplastic syndrome (MDS), myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN), chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML), and juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML).
A Simple and integrated workflow
The assay is compatible with both Ion PGM and Ion GeneStudio S5 systems, and comes with manual or automated library preparation configurations for the Ion Chef System (Figure 1). Sample preparation to analysis can be achieved in 2–3 days depending on the sample type, and variants are annotated by our integrated Oncomine Knowledgebase reporting software that links variants to relevant diseases, labels, guidelines, and global clinical trials.
Figure 1. A complete workflow from sample preparation to report.
End-to-end bioinformatics solution developed for particular assays and applications
- Ease of use—one simple, robust workflow with all mutations encapsulated in two DNA and one RNA pool
- Effective designs—great coverage of challenging targets such as CEBPA and internal tandem duplications of FLT3 (FLT3-ITDs)
- Flexibility—verified with blood and bone marrow samples on the Ion PGM and Ion GeneStudio S5 systems, with manual and automated library preparation
- Speed—from samples to answers in <3 days, with up to four samples on an Ion 318 Chip or twelve on an Ion 530 Chip
Key product attributes
- From nucleic acid sample to report in <48 hours
- Total hands-on-time using automation is typically <30 minutes
- Comprehensive coverage—40 key DNA genes and 29 RNA fusion transcript driver genes
- Fully annotated variants in Ion Torrent Oncomine Knowledgebase Reporter that links to relevant labels, guidelines, and global clinical trials
"With the Ion Torrent myeloid panel, we could move the testing of all myeloid malignancies to one assay and improve on turnaround time while keeping the cost down. In our assessment of previously characterized samples, we had excellent concordance for relevant variants, including fusions.”
Head, Division of Genetics, Department of
Lab Medicine and Pathology, Saint John
Regional Hospital, Canada
Targeted content strategy
The content of our panel was carefully selected by our dedicated team of manual curators together with extensive consultation with global experts and international guidelines.
Table 1. Oncomine Myeloid Research Assay gene targets
The Oncomine Myeloid Research Assay enables you to interrogate all relevant DNA mutations and fusion transcripts associated with myeloid disorders in a single NGS run. The targeted genes include those with published relevance to provide a research focused intent and a comprehensive way of investigating the genomic features associated with hematological malignancies. The assay is compatible with Ion PGM and Ion GeneStudio S5 sequencing systems (Ion 318/Ion 530 chips), with an option to use manual or Ion Chef library preparation and generate a comprehensive variant annotation report using our Oncomine Knowledgebase Reporter.
Improve your turnaround time and minimize laborious workflow associated with serial testing using multiple assays and methods.