Download the Compendium: HAAKE MARS Rheometers for Polymer Analysis
Processing different polymer formulations and blends can be tricky for manufacturers because polymer melts exhibit a complex flow and deformation behavior. They are considered viscoelastic materials, showing both viscous (liquid-like) and elastic (solid-like) properties.
Knowing the viscoelastic properties of a polymeric material is essential to optimize formulations and blends as well as to adapt a process to the properties of a given material. Rheology is a proven technique for the analysis of polymers in different states.
Download this free application compendium to see how to employ rheology in polymer analysis with the Thermo Scientific HAAKE MARS Rheometer. You’ll also learn about the various testing methods that are available for the full rheological characterization of polymeric materials.
The compendium covers topics such as:
- Dynamic mechanical thermo analysis (DMTA)
- Polymer composites
- Extensional rheology
- Combined rheology and FTIR analysis
- Combined rheology and Raman analysis
- Rheology and dielectrical analysis (DEA)
- Characterization of long-chain branching in polyethylene
- Tracking of polymer crystallization
- An overview rheometer setups and accessories for polymer analysis