Dr. Bea Bellosillo, head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory from the Hospital del Mar, in Barcelona, Spain will discuss her research on EGFR mutation monitoring in peripheral blood of non-small cell lung cancer samples using digital PCR.
Liquid biopsy research
Discover our comprehensive solutions
Liquid biopsy applications enable clinical researchers to investigate tumour heterogeneity in ways not possible with formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples.
Oncomine cfDNA Next-generation Sequencing Assays
- Limit of detection down to 0.1% limit of detection of SNV hotspots and indels
- Mean sensitivity 90% and specificity 98% demonstrated on engineered oncology controls
- Sample tolerance—flexible input amounts as low as 1 ng, and tolerance of sample input variability to accommodate more of your samples
- High-value content—including T790M, L858R, Exon 19 del, C797S and many more, the assays enable analysis of SNV hotspots and indels identified by OncoNetwork Consortia and clinical researchers around the world
- Efficient workflow enabled by the Ion S5 System, from a single tube of blood to results in just 2 days
|Assay||Genes||Selected SNV hot spot|
|Oncomine Lung cfDNA Assays||EGFR, ALK, BRAF, ERBB2, KRAS, MAP2K1, MET, NRAS, PIK3CA, ROS1, TP53||
>150 hotspots including: EGFR T790M,
Learn more on our solutions from scientist
Affiliate Prof. José Luis Costa from i3S/IPATIMUP, Porto
“The new Lung cfDNA assay is able to amplify more difficult samples and allowed us the detection of mutations like EGFR T790M down to 0.14% allelic fraction in the plasma of lung cancer sample “
“Implementation of a methodology for the detection of somatic alterations in lung cancer plasma samples”
Luca Quagliata, MD, of University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
“Quality of DNA that we get from liquid biopsy is usually different from what we get from tissue samples.”
Nicola Normanno, Chief of Cell Biology and Biotherapy Unit, INT-Fondazione Pascale, Naples, Italy
“Tumours are highly heterogeneous and single mutation tests does not provide you with the information that you need to follow the molecular evolution of the disease; techniques like NGS are essential to generate a comprehensive molecular portrait of the tumour. “
The Oncomine Lung cfDNA Assay is part of a complete research solution to detect lung tumour-derived DNA (ctDNA) in cfDNA.
Oncomine Lung cfDNA assays using Multiplex cfDNA Reference Standard Set (Horizon Discovery)
Lean more on our cfDNA extraction easy and fast workflow based on MagMAX magnetic-bead technology
“MagMax method turned out to be a simpler and faster method to isolate cfDNA from plasma. Additionally the method is better for isolating cfDNA from contaminant high molecular weight genomic DNA. In combination with sequencing and digital PCR we had robust results testing EGFR mutations on lung samples.” —Prof. José Luis Costa, Ph.D. IPATIMUP, Porto, Portugal
Are you interested on both CTC and cfDNA isolation?
The Ion Torrent™ LiquidBiopsy™ Platform** is part of a comprehensive, two-day workflow that enables genomic research reporting data on circulating tumour cells (CTCs) and cell-free DNA (cfDNA) from a single blood sample.
Watch this quick webinar
“Getting the most from blood samples: peripheral monitoring research”.
The OncoNetwork is comprised of twelve-translational cancer research institutes with many years of experience in adopting the latest molecular techniques like next generation sequencing - for lung research. Thermo Fisher Scientific and OncoNetwork consortium agreed to work together for the development of cfDNA NGS panels.
- Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
- ARUP- Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Utah, USA
- Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France
- Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
- VIOLLIER AG, Basel, Switzerland
- Centro Ricerche Oncologiche Mercogliano, Avellino, Italy
- ARC-NET University of Verona, Italy
- Warwick University Medical School, United Kingdom
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Queen’s University, Ontario Canada
- IPATIMUP Medical Faculty of Porto, Portugal
- Faculty of Medicine, Kinki University, Osaka, Japa
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
**LiquidBiopsy is a trademark of Cynvenio Biosystems, Inc. The LiquidBiopsy Platform is available worldwide, except in Greater China. Please contact your Thermo Fisher Scientific representative for more information.