Platform for Productivity
Newly introduced legislation, enhanced funding opportunities, and increases in property crime submissions place forensic DNA laboratories under constant pressure to increase productivity and reduce sample turnaround time. To help you meet these challenges, we have partnered with Tecan to develop a set of solutions—the HID EVOlution™ Systems—that streamline sample workflows for human identification (HID).
HID EVOlution™—Extraction System
The HID EVOlution™—Extraction System combines the most powerful technologies available for automated liquid handling and forensic DNA extraction: the Tecan Freedom EVO® 150 automated liquid-handling workstation, and our PrepFiler® Automated Forensic DNA Extraction Kit. Together, these tools provide a complete, validated solution that enables your laboratory to:
- Use a standard protocol for the majority of forensic sample types.
- Significantly increase yield and concentration of DNA isolated from both routine and challenging forensic samples as compared to other commonly used methods.
- Easily remove sample substrates using the PrepFiler® 96-Well Filter Plate/Spin Plate Assembly.
- Process samples and elute purified DNA in either tubes or plates.
- Extract DNA from 1–96 casework or database samples typically in less than 2.5 hours
- Avoid laborious organic solvent extraction.
- Track sample and reagent information together electronically with automatic barcode reading.
- Implement rapidly with pre-validated, pre-programmed protocols.
- Obtain high-yield, high-quality purified DNA suitable for quantitative real-time PCR and short tandem repeat (STR) analysis
HID EVOlution™—qPCR/STR Setup System
The HID EVOlution™—qPCR/STR Setup System combines the most powerful technologies available for automated liquid handling and data transfer: The Tecan Freedom EVO® 150 automated liquid handling workstation and our 7500 Real-Time PCR System and 3130xl Genetic Analyzer. To provide you with a complete validated solution, we have also developed, optimized, and validated HID-specific software for these instruments. This complete solution enables you to automatically:
- Set up quantitative real-time PCR using Quantifiler® DNA Quantification Kits.
- Normalize DNA concentrations using HID EVOlution™ Software.
- Set up PCR for commonly used AmpFℓSTR® PCR Amplification Kits.
The system is expandable to accommodate additional forensic laboratory applications, and allows further improvements in processing speed and efficiency.
Automate with Confidence
You won't find two better partners than Tecan and Life Technologies. The Tecan Freedom EVO® offers excellent automated liquid handling platforms, and Applied Biosystems® human identification solutions from Life Technologies delivers trusted, reliable, and robust tools that improve productivity. Put them together, and you have a superior solution that meets the challenges facing forensic DNA laboratories today. You also have access to experienced professionals with training in forensic DNA analysis methods, who can provide you with expert support, training, and assistance.
Applied Biosystems performs developmental validation studies according to the validation guidelines provided by the Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods (SWGDAM). However, it is the responsibility of customer to perform its own analysis and appropriate internal validation studies to ensure that the products and services it obtains from Applied Biosystems satisfy or will satisfy the SWGDAM Guidelines or other applicable guidelines used by the forensic community and are fit for its human identification applications.For Research, Forensic, or Paternity Use Only.
Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.