Revolutionizing Gel Electrophoresis, Again
Introducing the E-Gel® Imager—an affordable agarose and polyacrylamide gel imaging system in a convenient small size offering the robust performance of a larger system. Forget about the massive and needlessly complex systems you’ve been using, and make your life easier with the compact E-Gel® Imager.
- Affordable—an inexpensive imaging system with a scientific-grade camerav
- Flexible—multiple applications for imaging fluorescent stains such as ethidium bromide, SYBR® stains, and colorimetric stains such as Coomassie and silver
- Space-saving—light enough to be moved easily, with a sleek footprint that fits on most benchtops
- Easy to use —simple setup and intuitive software for analysis of E-Gel® or other agarose and acrylamide gels
- Convenient—unlike larger, shared systems, with a personal imager you can reduce your wait time and the need to reprogram your settings
Get the performance of a large, complex imaging system in an economical, easy-to-use, and space-saving benchtop device.
Options to Meet Your Gel Documentation Needs
The E-Gel® Imager is the perfect system for documenting nucleic acid and proteins in agarose and polyacrylamide gels such as E-Gel® agarose gel or Novex® NuPAGE® acrylamide gel. Each E-Gel® Imager includes a camera hood and your choice of an interchangeable base. The three base options are:
- Blue-light transilluminator—ideal for innovative DNA stains such as SYBR® Safe stains, SYBR® Green stains, and those found in E-Gel® EX gels
- UV transilluminator—best for traditional ethidium bromide–stained gels
- E-Gel® adapter base—a one-of-a-kind, real-time gel documentation base that’s compatible with the E-Gel® Go!™ System or E-Gel® iBase™/E-Gel® Safe Imager System
For visualization of protein gels, the E-Gel® Imager white-light conversion screen is a must-have accessory kit. The accessory kit converts blue light emitted by blue-light transilluminator, as well as the UV light emitted by the UV-light transilluminator, to white light. The E-Gel® Imager white-light conversion screen is compatible with protein gel stains such as SimplyBlue™ Safe, SilverQuest™ Silver, SYPRO® Ruby protein stain, and Coomassie blue stains.
Flexibility to Accommodate Various Stains
There are also three interchangeable filters that provide even greater flexibility to capture images of various stains, including the orange “universal” filter; a green filter optimal for SYBR® Green and SYBR® Safe stains and those found in E-Gel® EX gels; and a red filter for use with Molecular Probes® Qdot® 625 products.
E-Gel® Imager Filters. Every E-Gel® Imager Camera Hood comes with a pre-installed universal filter. Alternative filters can be easily utilized by simply removing the universal filter tray and sliding in the filter tray of your choosing into the camera hood.
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||Hood (20.3 x 28.4 x 36.5 cm)|
|Base (21.4 x 30.4 x 11.9 cm)|
|Viewing dimensions (W x D)||12 x 15 cm|
|Excitation light source||UV light–312 nm|
|Blue light–470 nm|
|Power||110 or 220 VAC; 50–60 Hz|
|Gradation||16-bit (65,536 gray levels)|
|Resolution||1280 (H) x 1024 (V); 1.3 Mpixels|
|Dynamic range||3.8 orders of magnitude|
|Exposure time||0.124 sec to 1 min|
|Super bright lens||F/1.4 fixed lens|
|Optional: 16 mm|
|Field of view||11 x 14 cm for 16 mm lens|
|Emission filter||Orange filter (ethidium bromide and SYBR® Safe)|
|Green filter (Fluorescein, SYBR® Gold, SYBR® Green)|
|Red filter (Qdot® 625)|
|1D image analysis||GelQuant™ Express|
|Operating system||Windows XP Professional (English version, SP3, 32-bit), OR
Windows 7 Professional (English version, 32-bit)
|Processor||Intel® Core™2 Duo, 1.8 GHz|
|Memory||Minimum 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.