SnakeSkin Dialysis Tubing
SnakeSkin™ Dialysis Tubing is an easy, ready-to-use form of traditional dialysis membrane tubing. Composed of regenerated cellulose dialysis tubing, it’s supplied as an open, pleated (telescoped) tube.
To use, simply pull out and cut off the required length of tubing, fold over one end of tubing and close with a dialysis clip, add sample at the open end, and use a second clip to close the remaining end.
Features of SnakeSkin dialysis tubing:
- Requires no pre-soaking or boiling prior to use
- Can be used for desalting and buffer exchange for 10 to 100 mL samples
- Supplied in eight inch (20 cm) sticks containing 35 feet of dialysis tubing with a 16, 22, or 35 mm circular internal diameter (I.D.)
- Holds ~2 to 10 mL of sample per centimeter of length
- Made from the same type of regenerated cellulose as flat tubing, with performance comparable to conventional tubing
Choose the right SnakeSkin dialysis tubing for your experiments
|Circular internal diameter||16 mm I.D.||22 mm I.D.||35 mm I.D.|
|Volume per cm||2 mL||3.8 mL||9.6 mL|
|3.5K MWCO||Catalog number
|7K MWCO||Not available||Catalog number
|10K MWCO||Catalog number
Influence of surface area to volume ratio on dialysis rate. Graph displays rates of removal of 1M NaCl from 2 mL, 70 mL, 70 mL, and 200 mL samples dialyzed in four respective sizes of Thermo Scientific Dialysis Devices (see Table 1), each equipped with 3.5K MWCO membrane. Dialysis was conducted at room temperature against very large volumes (e.g., 4 L) of water (dialysate). At the indicated times (triangles), the dialysis buffer was changed and the percentage of NaCl removal was determined by measuring the conductivity of the sample.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.