The Dionex IonPac CS11column can be used to determine common inorganic cations and aliphatic and aromatic amines in diverse sample matrices, however, advances in cation-exchange column technology have produced better column choices for these separations.
Recommended Cation-Exchange Columns by Use
Since the introduction of the Dionex IonPac CS11 column, Dionex has introduced several new cation-exchange columns with advanced features. For example, most modern Dionex IonPac Cation Exchange columns use simple methanesulfonic acid eluents rather than DAP-HCl eluents. These columns and their recommended uses are listed below.
Formats Available for Application Flexibility
- The Dionex IonPac CS12A column improves performance for fast analysis of inorganic cations and ammonium in diverse matrices.
- The Dionex IonPac CS17 column is recommended for hydrophobic and polyvalent amines.
- The Dionex IonPac CS19 and CS19-4µm columns are recommended for polar amines including alkanolamines and methylamines and also moderately hydrophobic amines and polyvalent amines.
- Compatible with organic solvents, to enhance analyte solubility, modify column selectivity, or allow effective column cleanup
- 2x250mm analytical column
- 2x50mm guard column
- Longer 250mm columns facilitate higher resolution separations of more complex sample matrices
- Smaller i.d. columns provide higher mass sensitivity, eluent and reagent conservation and lower operating costs