High-Sensitivity Mono- and Disaccharide Analyses in Glycoprotein Therapeutics, Foods, and Beverages
- Highly efficient separations with good resolution between neighboring peaks
- Fast analysis times of less than 10 minutes
- Lower eluent consumption
- Optimized resolution of glucosamine/galactose and glucose/mannose peak pairs
- Slightly different selectivity than the Dionex CarboPac PA1 or PA10 Columns; excellent for separating difficult peak pairs
Dionex CarboPac PA20 Columns consist of 6.5µm diameter nonporous beads covered with a fine latex of functionalized Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ MicroBead™ resin. This pellicular resin structure permits excellent mass transfer, resulting in high-resolution chromatography and rapid re-equilibration. Multiple Formats for Flexibility in Method Development
About the Dionex CarboPac Family of Columns
- Dionex CarboPac PA20 Analytical column (3 x 150mm) provides high-resolution separations of mono- and disaccharides with no need for derivatization.
- Dionex CarboPac PA20 Capillary column (0.4 × 150mm) provides higher mass sensitivity, lower sample amount requirements, and significantly lower solvent use.
- Dionex CarboPac PA20 Fast Sialic Acid column (3 x 30mm) accelerates sialic acid determination, allowing sample analysis in less than five minutes.
The Dionex CarboPac family offers a selection of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) columns, each optimized for a different class of compounds. Combined with PAD, which provides a means to detect carbohydrates without derivatization, these columns support simple, reliable techniques to separate sugar alcohols, mono- and disaccharides, and poly- and oligosaccharides.
Dionex CarboPac columns provide high-resolution separations of:
- Glycoprotein oligosaccharides and complex carbohydrates from dietary fiber, including fructans, maltodextrins, and amylopectins
- Monosaccharides, such as those obtained from glycoprotein hydrolysates or plant hydrolysates
- Mono- and disaccharides