The Thermo Scientific™ product line of noncontact thickness measurement gauges for cold rolling and process lines consists of:
Thermo Scientific Laser TX Optical Thickness Gauge
- Laser triangulation measurement with sensors ideally suited for the measurement of the sheet thickness range
- Completely insensitive to sheet composition and the sensor is safe, requiring no radiation registration or licensing
- Standard design provides thickness monitoring for the entire length of a coil.
- Use of laser based sensors completely eliminates the need for semi-annual regulatory inspections
Thermo Scientific RM 100 PL / RM 110 PL Strip Thickness Gauge
- Sensors are housed in an industrial, heavy-duty C-frame for centerline measurement to provide reliable data.
- Gamma-ray measuring heads measure the centerline thickness as well as the cross profile in the optional scanning mode.
- X-ray measuring head operates with minimum maintenance in challenging environments.
- High efficiency, ionization-chamber-based radiation detectors provide excellent measurement stability.
Thermo Scientific RM 200 PL and RM 200 CM Strip Thickness Gauge
- Gamma-ray measuring heads measure centerline thickness as well as the cross profile in the optional scanning mode.
- Designed to operate with minimal maintenance in demanding environments.
- Available in dual configuration for reversing cold mill applications or processing lines with dual payoff reels.
- RM 200 CM includes additional sealing and modified access panels for further protection against rolling fluids used in cold mill applications.
Thermo Scientific RM 302 ES Simultaneous Triple Spot Thickness Gauge
- Simultaneous triple-spot measurements: a middle sensor obtains the thickness of the strip center while two outside sensors obtain edge thickness.
- High efficiency detectors permit measurement resolution of less than 12mm in the crosswise direction.
- Rugged C-frame with electric drive.
Thermo Scientific RM 210 CM Strip Thickness Gauge
- Delivers noncontact on-line measurements for every type of cold-mill application.
- Low-noise analog output allows rolling to tighter tolerances.
- Can be used for manual, AGC or adaptive control of the mill.
- Expandable architecture for two- or three-sensor C-frames per cabinet.
Thermo Scientific RM 130 Strip Pinhole Detector
Thermo Scientific RM 319 Edge Profile Gauge
- Verifies the integrity of opaque flat sheet as it is being rolled.
- Line-mounted instrument senses the light passing through any through-the-strip holes.
- Detects holes as small as five micron.
- Ultaviolet light sources and photomultiplier detector.
The Thermo Scientific RM319 edge profile gauge has been discontinued. Service and spare parts for these products will continue until the end of 2023. If you have any service needs, please contact service using the link above.
Cold rolling mills
Reversing rolling mills (dual configuration)
Pickling, annealing, shearing and inspection lines
Cut-to-length shearing lines
Entry or exit gauge for coating lines
High-performance processing lines
Entry or exit of galvanizing lines