|Catalog Number||Unit Size||Price (USD)||Availability||Quantity|
also known as 10855-021
Online Offer: 35.65
also known as 10855-001
Online Offer: 52.65
LB broth (Lennox formulation) is a ready-to-use liquid growth medium used for bacterial culture. Gibco LB Broth is filter-sterilized and can be used for nearly all applications that require a liquid bacteria culturing step, such as protein expression, cloning, and expansion.
LB broth is one of the most referenced bacterial media for cultivating and maintaining E. coli strains. Our LB broth is based on the Lennox formulation, one of the most commonly used formulations for LB medium.
LB broth formulation
Formulation per liter: 10 g SELECT Peptone 140, 5 g SELECT Yeast Extract, 5 g sodium chloride.
• Tryptone provides nitrogen, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids essential for growth
• Yeast extract is a source of vitamins, particularly B-group vitamins
• Sodium chloride supplies essential electrolytes for transport and osmotic balance
• Growth and maintenance of E. coli strains for plasmid purification and/or protein expression
• Resuspension of T. pyriformis cell fractions
Gibco media bottles
Each media bottle features an angled opening for simplified pipetting. The 1-L Gibco media bottle uses 39% less source material (33% less for the 500-mL bottle) than comparable media bottles on the market. The cap and bottle are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and polyethylene terephthalate (PETE) and can both be recycled.
Find the media format that you need
We offer other ready-to-use media formulations, such as Terrific Broth or S.O.C Recovery Medium.
Explore other media formats for bacterial growth.