Invitrogen™ Platinum™ SuperFi™ PCR Master Mix is a ready-to-use mixture of DNA polymerase, salts, magnesium, and dNTPs for efficient PCR amplification. Only template, primers, and water need to be added, thus reducing the number of pipetting steps during PCR reaction setup.
Benefits of Platinum SuperFi PCR Master Mix include:
• Exceptional >300X Taq fidelity
• High specificity and increased yields with Platinum hot-start technology
• Robust amplification of difficult-to-amplify targets including those of sub-optimal purity or with ˃65% GC content
• Convenient workflow with room temperature reaction setup and 24 h bench top stability of pre-assembled reactions
Platinum SuperFi PCR Master Mix retains all the features of Platinum™ SuperFi™ DNA Polymerase, which is a proofreading DNA polymerase that combines superior fidelity with trusted Platinum™ hot-start technology for the highest success in PCR. Featuring >300X Taq fidelity, Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase is ideally suited for cloning, mutagenesis, and other applications benefiting from supreme sequence accuracy.
Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase is engineered with a DNA-binding domain resulting in high processivity and increased resistance to PCR inhibitors. This feature also enables fast-cycling protocols and amplification of long targets. The Platinum hot-start technology is based on proprietary antibodies that inhibit enzyme activity until the initial PCR denaturation step, preventing non-specific amplification and primer degradation.Applications of Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase
• High-fidelity PCR
• Cloning and sub-cloning
• Site-directed mutagenesis
• Amplification of GC-rich templates
• Template generation for sequencing
• High-throughput PCR
• Amplification of samples with suboptimal purity
• Long PCR
• Fast PCRUsing Platinum SuperFi PCR Master Mix
Annealing rules for Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase are different from many common DNA polymerases (such as Taq DNA polymerases). For optimal results, use the Tm calculator on our website: www.thermofisher.com/tmcalculator
Platinum SuperFi PCR Master Mix is supplied with a separate vial of SuperFi™ GC Enhancer designed for difficult and GC-rich templates (˃65% GC).
Platinum hot-start technology efficiently inhibits DNA polymerase activity at ambient temperatures, allowing convenient reaction setup at room temperature. In addition, pre-assembled PCR reactions may be stored at room temperature for up to 24h prior to the PCR.More Platinum SuperFi DNA Polymerase products ›
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.