The Thermo Scientific pMCS-Renilla
Luc vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid to designed to accept a promoter sequence for study of gene regulation using the intracellular Renilla
Features of the pMCS-Renilla
• Intracellular Green Renilla
luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
• Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
• Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
• Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
• High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
The Green Renilla
Luc Vectors contain a gene cloned from the sea pansy, Renilla reniformis
. The gene encodes a bioluminescent Green Renilla
luciferase (36kDa). The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.More Product Data
• Luciferase assays in hard-to-transfect Jurkat cellsRelated ProductspCMV-Green Renilla Luc Vector for Luciferase AssayspTK-Green Renilla Luc Vector for Luciferase Assays
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.