Thermo Scientific pMCS-Red Firefly Luc is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for the study of gene regulation using the intracellular red firefly luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity..
Features of pMCS-Red Firefly Luc:
• Intracellular Red Firefly Luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
• Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
• Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
• Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
• High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
• Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
Features of Red Firefly Luc:
• Red Firefly Luc Vectors contains a mutant form of the firefly luciferase gene that has a red-shifted emission spectrum.
• The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential.
• The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively.
• These pCMV and pTK constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.More Product Data
• Highly sensitive multiplex luciferase reporter assays
• Monitoring neuronal differentiation using multiplexed luciferase reporters
• Activation of the antioxidant response pathway by pesticide chemicalsRelated ProductspCMV-Red Firefly Luc Vector for Luciferase AssayspTK-Red Firefly Luc Vector for Luciferase Assays
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.