The Thermo Scientific pCMV-Gaussia
-Dura Luc vector is a derivative of pMCS-Gaussia
-Dura Luc. It contains a mutant form of the Gaussia
luciferase gene (conferring better bioluminescent signal stability than the native luciferase) under the control of the strong Cytomegalovirus (CMV) promoter. This constitutive expression vector can be used as a normalization control to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
Features of the pCMV-Gaussia
-Dura Luc vector:
• Strong (CMV) constitutive promoter for co-transfection and normalization
• Naturally-secreting Gaussia
-Dura luciferase gene, optimized for high expression and glow-stability in mammalian systems
• Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
• Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
• Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
• High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication originGaussia
-Dura luciferase (approx. 20kDa) is a secreted protein that enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The parent pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.Related ProductspMCS-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vector for Luciferase AssayspTK-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vector for Luciferase Assays
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.