Bacto Tryptone is an animal origin (AO) pancreatic digest of casein. It is included in standard methods manual applications and is listed in the Reagent section of the United States Pharmacopeia as meeting the specifications for a pancreatic digest of casein, a component in many of the media listed. The nutritional profile of this supplement is unique in that it provides a range of nutrients. Customers have used this supplement in fermentation applications and shown that it successfully supports the growth of many bacterial species during the production of animal health vaccines, including Escherichia coli, and Fusobacterium and Agrobacterium species when used together with Bacto Yeast Extract.
• Pancreatic digest of casein
• Developed while investigating a peptone particularly suitable for the elaboration of indole by bacteria
• Animal origin nutritional supplement
Applications of Bacto Tryptone include:
• Works well in fermentation applications
• Use with common organisms such as Escherichia coli, as well as uncommon organisms such as the diatom Nitzschia laevis