HEG CEP (Spacer 18) is a hexaethyleneglycol-based phosphoramidite for use in oligonucleotide synthesis. This unique property creates a hydrophilic spacer, which can be useful for building flexibility within an oligo sequence. It has proven useful for probes requiring minimal steric hindrance (usually when conjugated to an antibody or enzyme), multiple binding sites, and polymerase activity at the 3' terminus to be eliminated. This product is supplied in a 20 mL amber bottle with a serum vial neck style, which is compatible with most Applied Biosystems synthesizers and AKTA synthesizers of oligonucleotide synthesizers.
• Full chemical name—18-O-(4,4'-Dimethoxytrityl)-Hexaethyleneglycol-1-[(2-cyanoethyl)-(N,N-diisopropyl)]-phosphoramidite
• Molecular formula—C42H61N2O10P
• Formula weight—784.9 g/mol
• CAS number—NA!!
• HPLC Purity—≥95.0%; Bis impurity ≤0.3%; Penta impurity ≤1.6%; Hepta impurity ≤0.9%
• 31P NMR Purity—≥98%; Sum of non-primary peaks in 140-152 ppm range: ≤0.5%
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.