Thermo Scientific Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (Lauryl) is standard-grade SDS detergent for use in protein polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE).
Features of Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (Lauryl):
• Popular anionic detergent for a variety of protein methods
• Especially useful for denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE)
• Common component of cell lysis buffers
This lauryl-grade sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) is a popular anionic detergent for routine protein electrophoresis and cell lysis methods. The formulation is a mixture of several different alkyl sulfate chain lengths (C10 to C18).Properties of SDS (values for pure C12):
• Molecular Weight: 288.5g
• Detergent Class: Ionic (anionic)
• Aggregation Number: 62
• Micelle Molecular Weight: 18,000g
• Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 6 to 8 mM (0.1728 to 0.2304%, w/v)
• Cloud Point: >100°C
• Dialyzable: No
Specifications for Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate:
• Visual: White powder, free of foreign material.
• Solubility: 10% (aq, w/v) solution must be clear, colorless to slightly yellow.
• Chain length: C12 >60%; C14 = 20 to 35%; C16 <10%; C10 and C18 <1% eachRelated ProductsSodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS), C12Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS), 20% Solution
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.