- Teflon™ FEP, Tefzel™ ETFE screw closure
- Withstand temperatures from -100° to +150°C (-148° to +302°F)
- Leakproof† Tefzel™ ETFE closures prevent material loss under ordinary use for most spins <10,000 × g
- Sealing caps available for 30mL and 50mL size to assure leakproof service especially at high speeds >10,000 × g or when spinning hazardous materials
- Autoclavable/Biohazard/Leakproof†/PTFE FEP
Optional sealing caps available — DS3131-0020 (for 30mL tube) and DS3131-0024 (for 50mL tube). Cat. No. 3114-0050 has a brim capacity of only 42mL but is designed to fit standard rotor.
Tefzel ETFE screw caps. Additional sealing cap assembly available separately (DS3131-series).
Warranty: 90 days
Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement. † The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.