The AmpFLSTR Yfiler PCR Amplification Kit permits the analysis of complex male:female DNA mixtures that often yield ambiguous or inconclusive results with autosomal STRs.Key Features of the AmpFLSTR Yfiler PCR Amplification Kit:
• Analyze trace quantities of male DNA that may be present in a large background of female DNA
• Combine the inherent male specificity of Y-STRs with the robust performance of an AmpFLSTR kit
• Amplify 17 Y-STR loci in a single PCR reaction which yields the highest discriminatory capacity of any commercially available Y-STR kit
• Search the user-friendly on-line haplotype database to easily determine the frequency of any Yfiler kit haplotype
• Use this powerful tool for the analysis of cases that contain a suspect(s)Combines the Inherent Male Specificity of Y-STRs with the Robust Performance of an AmpFLSTR Kit
Mixtures of body fluids and/or tissues from a male and female are frequently encountered with sexual assault casework and other violent crimes. These mixed samples often contain trace quantities of male DNA present in a large background of female DNA. Typical samples can include vaginal swabs containing a small number of sperm cells, body swabs from female victims of oral assaults, and fingernail scrapings/clippings from female victims of violent assaults. Standard autosomal STR analysis may be unable to detect the minor male contributor in these types of samples, while the Yfiler kit can routinely detect a minor male contributor present at less than 1:1000. Provides the Highest Discriminatory Capacity of Any Commercially Available Y-STR Kit
The AmpFLSTR Yfiler PCR Amplification Kit amplifies 17 Y-STR loci in a single PCR reaction using 5-dye chemistry to provide the highest discriminatory capacity of any commercially available Y-STR kit. The Yfiler kit can distinguish more than 98% of all unrelated males from one another, and therefore offers the discriminatory power necessary to conduct meaningful forensic DNA analysis.A Powerful Tool for Suspect Casework
The Yfiler kit is a powerful tool for the analysis of cases that contain a suspect(s). A significant proportion of DNA cases contain a suspect who has been identified by conventional law enforcement techniques. For these cases, the Yfiler kit is a powerful tool that can be used to include or exclude a suspect(s) associated with an investigation. Complete Validated Solution
Applied Biosystems offers a complete solution for your Human Identification needs. Our system includes DNA quantification kits, a range of AmpFLSTR kits, instrumentation, software, and consumables. The Yfiler kit is part of the most comprehensively validated systems for STR-based Human Identification. All reagents are developed in accordance with guidelines from leading worldwide forensic organizations such as SWGDAM and DAB.
For licensing and limited use restrictions visit thermofisher.com/HIDlicensing
For Research, Forensic, or Paternity Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.