Optimized for casework, the AmpFLSTR Identifiler Plus PCR Amplification Kit enables forensic analysts to recover more interpretable results from a wider range of DNA evidence samples with increased confidence. The new kit includes the same primers and allelic ladder as the widely used Identifiler Kit and harnesses next-generation PCR amplification technology to help provide enhanced sensitivity, a cleaner baseline, improved performance on mixtures, and the ability to overcome high levels of PCR inhibition.
Features of the AmpFLSTR Identifiler Plus PCR Amplification Kit include:
• Amplifies the same loci as the Identifiler kit with enhanced performance, data quality, and efficiency for casework samples
• Helps significantly improve performance on severely inhibited casework samples through the use of a high performance PCR buffer system and optimized thermal cycling parameters
• Yields higher peak heights from low-level samples and minor contributors in mixtures to facilitate interpretation
• Enables additional analytical flexibility by utilizing fully-validated 28- and 29-cycle protocols
• Streamlines workflow by enabling reduced amplification time
• Maintains the small amplicon size range of the Identifiler kit (<360 bp) for recovery of information from degraded samples; works in conjunction with the MiniFiler Kit to help maximize recovery from heavily degraded samples
• Maintains primer sequences for genotyping concordance with samples typed with the Identifiler, Identifiler Direct, Profiler Plus, COfiler and SGM Plus kits
• Utilizes an improved primer manufacturing process to help significantly reduce artifactsOther Improvements and Benefits
The improvements in the Identifiler Plus kit formulation allow for more rapid amplification, eliminating approximately 1 hour from the amplification step compared to the Identifiler kit. In addition, the Identifiler Plus Master Mix includes AmpliTaq Gold DNA Polymerase, which eliminates 2 tubes and an extra box from the kit packaging, and enables streamlined reaction setup.
None of the formulation enhancements included in the Identifiler Plus kit have required modifications to the Identifiler Kit’s allelic ladder or 5-dye configuration. This configuration allows for optimal locus spacing and amplicon size ranges no greater than 360 bp, enabling better data recovery from degraded samples as compared to other multiplex systems with significantly larger amplicon size ranges. For heavily degraded samples, the MiniFiler kit has been designed to work in conjunction with the Identifiler Plus kit, utilizing miniSTR technology to help maximize recovery of information.
The Identifiler Plus kit also maintains primer sequences to enable genotyping concordance for samples previously typed using the Identifiler, Identifiler Direct, Profiler Plus, COfiler or SGM Plus kits, and facilitate comparison with existing DNA databases.The Confidence to Do More
The Identifiler Plus kit is part of a new generation of AmpFLSTR kits that harnesses significant advances in PCR amplification technology to enable recovery of more results from more samples with increased confidence.
Ultimately, laboratories using the Identifiler Plus kit could significantly increase their ability to process difficult and challenging casework samples, and expand the types of cases from which probative results can be generated.Experience Matters
We are the only company that designs and validates its reagents, instruments, and data analysis software together as an integrated system for DNA testing. Technical Service scientists and Field Application specialists are available to answer your technical questions, review data, and make recommendations on how to perform assays and troubleshoot results. Our team of forensic experts is also available to provide in-depth training and can support the planning and efficient execution of internal validation projects in your laboratory. All of these resources help ensure success when using our human identification solutions in your laboratory.
For licensing and limited use restrictions visit thermofisher.com/HIDlicensing
For Research, Forensic, or Paternity Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.