This kit is for use with the AutoMate Express Forensic DNA Extraction System. It was designed specifically for challenging samples such as bones, teeth and adhesive based samples such as cigarette butts and tape lifts. We have designed the PrepFiler chemistry specifically to improve the quantity and quality of DNA isolated from forensic samples, thereby increasing the potential to obtain maximum information from downstream Short Tandem Repeat (STR) analysis.
Key Product Features:
• Designed to improve the yield and overall purity of DNA isolated from both routine and challenging forensic samples.
• Provides high quality DNA, free of PCR inhibitors and suitable for downstream applications such as quantitative real-time PCR and short tandem repeat (STR) analysis
• Simple and fast separation of substrate from lysate with the unique PrepFiler LySep Column
• Quick and easy run setup with ready-to-use pre-filled cartridges
• Closed system that minimizes the risk of contamination and transposition errors
• Processes 1 to 13 samples in a single run
• Rapid implementation with pre-validated, pre-programmed instrument protocols
• Integrated solution including novel reagents, consumables and automation to provide time saving, cost effective and reliable DNA extraction
• Improves downstream genotyping (STR) success rate and profile quality
Streamlined Off-Line Lysis
The PrepFiler Express Kits include the innovative PrepFiler LySep Column, which dramatically streamlines the off-line lysis portion of the extraction method. PrepFiler Lysis buffer or PrepFiler BTA Lysis buffer is added directly into the PrepFiler LySep Column along with the sample for incubation. Next, the PrepFiler LySep Column is quickly centrifuged which permits lysate flow through the burstable membrane while the substrate remains behind in the column. The sample tube is then simply ready to be placed on the AutoMate Express instrument. This eliminates the manual lysate and substrate transfer steps, saving time and minimizing cross contamination and sample transposition events.
For Research, Forensic, or Paternity Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.