GoPure™ 0.5 cmD pre-packed columns are intended for the screening of POROS™ ion exchange resins or for small scale purification. These pre-packed columns are ready to connect and have the following features:
• Dimensions of 0.5 cmD x 5 cmL, with a nominal bed volume of 1 ml, providing a uniform screening platform
• Direct connection to standard chromatography systems
• Packed with POROS™ high performance resins that offer high dynamic binding capacity and high resolution over a wide range of flow rates
The resin in this GoPure™ PI 50 µm Column has a polyethyleneimine functional group for strong anion exchange chromatography.
• Convenient—ready-to-run columns simplify and speed POROS™ resin evaluations
• Conserves sample—the 1 mL nominal bed volume minimizes sample requirement for screening multiple resins
• Simplified scalability—the consistency and range of the GoPure™ family of pre-packed columns simplifies process scale-up and process modeling
GoPure™ 0.5 cmD pre-packed columns have been developed to meet the needs of the process development scientist requiring a convenient and uniform POROS™ resin-screening platform. The 1 mL bed volume reduces sample requirements, and the recommended > 3 min residence time (0.3 ml/min) on this 5 cm length column equates to 400 cm/hr on a 20 cm bed height. Detailed specifications may be found in the GoPure 0.5 cmD Operating Instructions below.
Other POROS™ anion exchange resins, as well cation exchange resins, are also available in this column format. All POROS™ High Performance Chromatography™ resins have a unique pore structure that provides excellent mass transport for high capacity and resolution over a wide range of flow rates.
For scaleup, GoPure™ Pre-Packed Columns are available in a range of diameters and in multiple bed heights that equate to a column volume range of 5 ml to 6.3 liters.