CaptureSelect CH1-XL MiniChrom columns are designed for bench-scale resin screening, process development, and sample preparation. These pre-packed columns are ready to connect and have the following features:
• Dimensions of 1 mL (0.8 cm D x 2 cm L) and 5 mL (0.8 cm D x 10 cm L)
• Direct connection to standard chromatography systems
• Packed with CaptureSelect CH1-XL Affinity Matrix, offering high dynamic binding capacity and high resolution over a wide range of flow rates
The 1 mL columns can be used for quick screenings of application feasibility and lab scale purification on a convenient and easy-to-use pre-packed column. The 10 cm bed height of the 5 mL columns allows initial process development on a bench scale.
The CaptureSelect CH1-XL Affinity Matrix recognizes the CH1 domain of human IgG antibodies, thereby enabling purification of all Fab fragments, independent of the light-chain type (kappa or lambda) and without binding of over-expressed light chain and light-chain dimers. In addition, it can be used for the purification of human IgGs from all four subclasses (1, 2, 3, and 4).
Features of this affinity matrix include:
• Platform approach for purification of high quality and correctly assembled human Fab fragments
• No co-purification of over-expressed free light chains due to selectivity for the CH1 domain
• Elution possible at pH 4.0–4.5 with 50 mM acetate buffer
• Caustic cleaning with up to 50 mM NaOH
• Excellent scalability
• No cross binding to bovine IgG, therefore presence of fetal bovine serum is not a problemView other antibody affinity matrix formatsFree of animal components
CaptureSelect products are affinity ligands created by a proprietary technology based on camelid-derived single-domain antibody fragments. The ligand is a 13-kDa single-domain fragment comprising the three complementarity determining regions (CDRs) that form the antigen binding domain, efficiently produced by the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae in a production process free of animal components.Main characteristics:Matrix:
agarose-based, epoxide-activatedAverage particle size:
65 ± 10 µmLigand:
CaptureSelect CH1-XL affinity ligandLigand coupling method:
epoxide couplingBinding capacity:
>15 mg/mL human Fab fragment, depending on flow rate, column height, and contact time. Note that humanized Fab fragments may have lower capacities.Elution conditions:
100 mM glycine buffer, pH 3.0; 50 mM acetate buffer, pH 4.0 - 4.5Column dimensions:
1 mL (0.8 cm D x 2 cm L) and 5 mL (0.8 cm D x 10 cm L)Flow characteristics:
75–150 cm/h (up to 2 bar)Formulation buffer:
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.