Dynabeads™ MyOne™ Streptavidin C1 are the gold standard for isolation and handling of biotinylated nucleic acids, antibodies, or other biotinylated ligands and targets. The very high binding affinity of the streptavidin-biotin interaction (Kd=10-15) is used in a vast number of applications. Benefits and features:
• Direct and fast isolation of any biotinylated molecule
• Flexible protocols with gentle and efficient liquid-phase reaction kinetics
• Well suited for nucleic acid applications with extreme demands
• Very low nonspecific binding of nucleotides and nucleic acids
• Low nonspecific binding of small and negatively charged proteins
• Their small but uniform size presents a high surface area per mg beads and a correspondingly high capacity for the target molecule
• Low sedimention rate, yet a high iron content, ensuring rapid magnetic separation
• Biomagnetic protocols are easily adapted to automated platforms
• High batch-to-batch reproducibility, securing consistent results in your application
• Production follows a validated process in compliance with cGMP for medical devices
About Dynabeads™ MyOne™ Streptavidin C1
These uniform and superparamagnetic beads are 1 µm in diameter, with a monolayer, not a multilayer, of recombinant streptavidin covalently coupled to the surface. This leaves the vast majority of the biotin binding sites sterically available for binding, not only of free biotin, but also for binding of biotinylated ligands/targets. They are hydrophilic, negatively charged, and show rapid liquid-phase reaction kinetics. Their specific and defined surface allow for efficient capture, separation, and downstream handling. The streptavidin monolayer ensures negligible leakage, and the lack of excess adsorbed streptavidin ensures batch consistency and reproducibility of your results. The 1 µm Dynabeads™ MyOne™ have a large surface area, high capacity, efficient magnetic pull and a slow sedimentation rate during incubation. Tailor-made for use in automated protocols where high throughput is crucial. The product holds high standards with respect to reproducibility (both within and between batches), and automation ability, and drives reliability for your results.
Over the past 15 years, Streptavidin-coupled Dynabeads™ have been used and cited for a very wide variety of applications. Examples include direct/indirect isolation and downstream handling of nucleic acids, proteins/peptides and other target molecules. Ideal for sequence specific DNA/RNA capture in nucleic acid based diagnostics, specifically with samples with a high chaotropic salt concentration, immunoassays involving small biotinylated antigens and applications that are not compatible with BSA (these beads are not blocked with BSA). Easily adapted to automated processes. Did you know that Dynabeads™ are employed on more than 25,000 routine IVD instruments worldwide?
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. There are two or three biotin binding sites available for each streptavidin molecule on the surface of the bead after immobilization. One mg of Dynabeads™ MyOne™ Streptavidin C1 typically binds:
• >2,500 pmoles free biotin
• ∼20 µg biotinylated IgG
• ∼400 pmol biotinylated peptides
• ∼20 µg ds-DNA
• ∼500 pmol ss-oligonucleotides
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.