The Thermo Scientific Mammalian β-Galactosidase Assay Kit provides a simple colorimetric method for lysing cultured mammalian cells and measuring beta-Gal activity.
Features of the Mammalian β-Galactosidase Assay Kit:
• Choose stand-alone assay reagent or complete kit for cell lysis and detection
• Colorimetric assay easily measured in a plate reader or spectrophotometer (405nm)
• Adaptable to 96-well microplates or tube assay formats
• Perform homogeneous screening assays or measure activity secondarily after cell lysis
• Also compatiible with prepared lysates from other species such as bacteria
The Assay Reagent and Kit comprise a simple and versatile assay system for measuring β-galactosidase activity. Mammalian cells grown on a plate may be lysed and tested for β-galactosidase activity by adding a single, all-in-one lysis-and-assay solution. Alternatively, the included Thermo Scientific M-PER Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent may be used to prepare lysate from washed adherent or pelleted cells, and then a portion of the lysate used to quantitate the β-Gal activity. With M-PER Reagent, there is no need to scrape cells or to perform freeze-thaw cycles. The remaining lysates prepared with M-PER Reagent may be used for applications such as reporter assays (luciferase, β-galactosidase and chloramphenical acetyltransferase), protein kinase assays (PKA, PKC, and Tyrosine Kinase), immunoassays (Western blot, ELISA, RIA) and protein purification.Related Productsbeta-Galactosidase Assay Reagentbeta-Galactosidase Assay Stop Solution
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.