Purified (unconjugated) Thermo Scientific Pierce Recombinant Protein L is useful as the basis for preparing various kinds of probes or affinity media for detection or purification of mouse and human antibodies in immunoassays and antibody purification protocols.
Features of Recombinant Protein L:
• Contains four immunoglobulin-binding domains per protein
• Binds members of all classes of Ig (IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD) that contain kappa light chains
• Binds single chain variable fragments (scFv) and Fab fragments that contain kappa light chains
Protein L is an immunoglobulin-binding protein that was originally derived from the bacteria Peptostreptococcus magnus
, but is now produced recombinantly. Protein L has the unique ability to bind through kappa light chain interactions without interfering with an antibody's antigen-binding site. This gives Protein L the ability to bind a wider range of Ig classes and subclasses than other antibody-binding proteins. Protein L will bind to all classes of Ig (IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD). Protein L will also bind single chain variable fragments (scFv) and Fab fragments. Protein L binds kappa I, III, and IV in human and kappa I on mouse.Properties of Recombinant Protein L:
• Source: E. coli
• Molecular Weight: ∼35,800 (Apparent MW by SDS-PAGE: 36,000)
• Form: salt-free powder
• A280 of 0.1% solution: ∼0.80
• Isoelectric point (pI): 4.8Related ProductsPierce™ Recombinant Protein L, BiotinylatedPierce™ Recombinant Protein L, Peroxidase Conjugated
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.