The Coatings Technology Library includes spectra of polymers, resins, vehicles, pigments, extenders, acrylic monomers, radiation-curable monomers, fungicides, mildewcides, inhibitors, stabilizers, solvents and other additives. Samples were prepared as capillary films, melts on KBr, cast films on KRS-5 or KBr pellets.
Contains 2,507 spectra of common coating materials
About Spectral Libraries:
- Prepared by the Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology
- Data format: High Resolution (HR)
- Spectral library searching has long been an extraordinarily valuable tool in the analytical chemist's toolbox. Our extensive series of spectral libraries includes information specific to application, industry or spectral technique.
- Spectral library searching based on digital matching of spectral signatures is a very effective way of performing qualitative identification of compounds. Because FT-IR and Raman spectroscopic signatures are based on molecular functional groups, even if the exact compound is not present in the libraries, the list of matching compounds from a spectral library search can often lead to identification—or at least classification—of the material.
- Thermo Scientific libraries span applications for Hazmat, Forensics, Food, Polymers and Organic Chemistry.
Members of the Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology qualify for a 10% discount when purchasing this library. Please be sure to provide your member number when ordering. Includes:
Revised edition of An Infrared Spectroscopy Atlas for the Coatings Industry (1991). The atlas is the fourth edition of this FSCT publication, dealing with the use of FT-IR in coatings analysis—a 2-volume hardcover book set with valuable reference information on spectroscopy theory, analytical instrumentation, sampling accessories, sample preparation, spectral interpretation and quantitative analysis.