The Thermo Scientific Pierce C18 Spin Tips enable fast and efficient capture, concentration, desalting, and elution of up to 10 µg peptides per 20 µL sample for mass spectrometry (MS) analysis.
Pierce C18 Spin Tips are 20 µL-capacity pipette tips with accompanying adaptors for microcentrifuge sample processing. The tips contain a C18 reversed-phase sorbent that minimizes flow resistance and provides excellent binding and recovery characteristics at a wide range of peptide concentrations upstream of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI) or nanoelectrospray ionization techniques. Sample clean-up with C18 resin significantly improves protein analysis results by removing urea, salts, and other contaminants before mass spectrometry (MS). Each Pierce C18 Spin Tip has a 20 µL volume capacity with a 10 µg peptide-binding capacity.
Features of C18 Spin Tips:
• Rapid—C18 fast-flow tips have low resistance and improved flow characteristics compared to other commercially available tips
• High capacity—up to 10 µg peptide per 20 µL solution
• Convenient—spin tips come with tip adaptors for easy centrifugation
• Cleaner sample—device design filters out particulates that can cause autosampler and column clogging
• Clean up of peptides after protein digestion
• Peptide sample concentration and desalting
• Sample preparation for MALDI peptide analysis
• Sample processing in proteomics workflows
Pierce C18 Spin Tips offer excellent flow properties with a high-efficiency C18 sorbent for fast wetting, loading, washing and eluting. Sample is simply loaded in prepared tip and washed and eluted using multiple centrifugation steps. The procedure is simple and requires less than 5 minutes to process protein digests, strong cation exchange fractions and other protein and peptide samples for mass spectrometric (MS) analyses. The unique tip design also removes any particulates in the sample, eliminating clogging of the auto sampler or column upstream of the mass spectrometer.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.