Thermo Scientific Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks, 2K MWCO, 250 mL facilitate simple and effective removal of buffer salts and small contaminants from proteins and other macromolecules in sample volumes up to 250 mL.
Features of Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks, 2K MWCO, 250 mL:
• Easy to use
– Simply pipette or pour sample into flask and begin dialysis
• Fast dialysis
– flat flask chamber with two membranes provides high surface-area to volume ratio, enabling dialysis of a 250 mL sample in 8 hours to overnight
• High recovery
– rectangular flask design maximizes recovery of entire sample volume via opening at top of flask
• Multiple molecular-weight cut-offs
– select the membrane MWCO that best suits your sample's molecular weight
• Color-coded frames
– easily identify membrane pore size (MWCO) based on the frame colorDialysis Membrane Specifications:
• Composition: Regenerated-cellulose
• Thickness: 0.9 to 1.2mil (22.5 to 30μm); 2K MWCO = 2mil (50μm)
• Hydration Required Before Use: 30 seconds to 2 minutes
• Glycerol Content: Trace (10K MWCO content is 21%)
• Sulfur Content: 0.04 to 0.17%
• Heavy metals Content: Trace
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks are very easy to use. Add and remove sample using a serological pipette or by directly pouring the sample through a wide screw-cap opening at the top of the flask. No knots or clips are needed to seal the units. Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks are manufactured using clean room conditions and have low-protein binding regenerated cellulose membranes to ensure maximum sample recovery and sample purity. The dialysis flasks are available in distinct colors, corresponding to the pore size (MWCO) of the dialysis membrane: Purple (20,000 daltons), Orange (10,000 daltons), Pink (3500 daltons), and Blue (2000 daltons).
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks are constructed from two sheets of low-binding, regenerated-cellulose dialysis membrane that are hermetically sealed on either side of an inert plastic body. The membrane and flask materials are compatible with most laboratory buffers.
With Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Flasks, typical low-molecular weight contaminant removal, buffer exchange and desalting can be accomplished in 8 hours to overnight. The rate of dialysis depends on a variety of factors, including sample volume, size and shape of the molecule being dialyzed, agitation and temperature. Minimum dialysis time must be determined empirically for each specific system.More Product Data
• Separation characteristics of dialysis membranesRelated ProductsSlide-A-Lyzer™ Dialysis Flasks, 10K MWCO, 250 mLSlide-A-Lyzer™ Dialysis Flasks, 3.5K MWCO, 230 mLSlide-A-Lyzer™ Dialysis Flasks, 20K MWCO, 250 mLSlide-A-Lyzer™ Dialysis Flotation Disks
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.