Features of Slide-A-Lyzer MINI Dialysis Devices, 20K MWCO:
• Three convenient sizes—dialysis devices for 0.1, 0.5, and 2 mL samples fit standard 1.5-mL micro-centrifuge, 15- and 50-mL conical tubes, respectively
• Excellent sample recoveries—low-binding plastic and small membrane surface area minimize sample loss compared to filtration and resin systems
• One-step protocol—pipette sample into the MINI device and place in tube containing the dialysis buffer; no laborious assembly, device preparation, or expensive equipment are required
• 100% leak-tested—innovative design does not permit 'wicking' that can occur in home-made devices
• Time savings—performs desalting of nucleic acids and proteins (>95% recovery) in less than 15 minutes, which improves sample resolution, quantification, and conjugation
These 20K MWCO dialysis devices are available in three sizes (0.1, 0.5, and 2 mL capacities) and are designed to allow easy sample addition and removal using a standard laboratory pipette. The MINI devices are effective and convenient for accomplishing typical sample desalting or buffer exchange in 4–8 hours. Unlike other small sample separation devices, there is no equipment to assemble, no need for syringe adapters, and no laborious steps necessary to manipulate the small volume sample. The regenerated cellulose membrane is compatible with a number of common chemicals and buffers.
Slide-A-Lyzer MINI Dialysis Devices were developed as a convenient means for dialysing small-volume samples of nucleic acids and proteins without undue sample loss. Low molecular weight contaminant removal, buffer exchange, desalting, equilibrium dialysis, micro conjugation reactions, and concentration can be accomplished with these devices. Slide-A-Lyzer MINI Dialysis Devices are manufactured in a HEPA filter/clean environment and auto-bagged after assembly to ensure that they are free of contaminants and ready to use.
The 0.5- and 2-mL MINI dialysis devices fit in and are capped by inserting them into the included 15- and 50-mL conical tubes, respectively. The tubes can be securely placed in standard laboratory racks or shakers; this feature saves space, minimizes the risk of spills or contamination, and eliminates the need for floats or large beakers of buffer. Using these MINI dialysis devices, low molecular weight contaminant removal and buffer exchange and desalting can be accomplished within 4–8 hours with efficiencies, rates, and recoveries very similar to conventional dialysis using a large dialysate volume.
The 0.1 mL MINI dialysis devices are designed to be capped (caps included) and inserted into standard 1.5 mL micro-centrifuge tubes. Alternatively, as many as 25 MINI devices can be placed in a Slide-A-Lyzer MINI Dialysis Device Float for dialysis of multiple samples inside a large beaker. Using the 0.1 mL MINI device, 100 µL of pH 2.8 glycine buffer can be equilibrated with 1 liter of pH 9.4 bicarbonate buffer in less than 10 minutes.
As with all dialysis applications, the observed rate of dialysis for each sample used with these devices depends on a variety of factors including membrane to sample volume; temperature and agitation rates; the molecular weight, shape, degree of hydration, and charge of the molecules passing through the membranes; and the pH, ionic strength, and solvent characteristic of the buffers being used.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.