The Thermo Scientific Protein Stabilizing Cocktail is a versatile stabilizing solution that increases the shelf-life of purified or partially purified proteins during routine storage.
Features of the Protein Stabilizing Cocktail:
• Stabilizes most enzymes and other proteins significantly better than ordinary buffers
• Protect proteins from environmental stresses
• Does not destabilize biomolecules in downstream assays
• Components are low molecular weight and fully dialyzable
• Low-viscosity reagent is easier to pipette than 50% glycerol
• Protein classes tested include kinases, phosphatases, peroxidases, restriction enzymes, luciferases, cytokines and antibodies
This proprietary formulation of low-molecular weight, naturally occurring molecules helps protect proteins from environmental stresses that can otherwise lead to enzyme inactivation, aggregation and freeze-thaw damage. The Protein Stabilizing Cocktail is provided as an easily pipettable, buffered 4X concentrate. Solutions of enzymes and other proteins to which the cocktail has been added may be refrigerated or frozen for storage without losing their activity or function. Although the degree of stabilization is protein-specific, the cocktail significantly stabilizes most proteins compared with conventional buffer alone. The Protein Stabilizing Cocktail is nontoxic and does not destabilize biomolecules; however, all cocktail components can be removed by dialysis or desalting before use in downstream assays, if desired.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.