Thermo Scientific Pierce Centrifuge Columns are convenient tools for handling 40 μL to 10 mL of an affinity support for purification.
• Made from low protein binding polypropylene for compatibility with protein purification
• Total volume: 8 mL (5 mL resin bed, 3 mL reservoir)
• Resin volume: 5 mL
• Filter type, pore size: Polyethylene filter, ∼30 μm pore size
• Receiver tube: Fits standard 15 mL conical centrifuge tubes
• Caps: Screw-top cap
• Twist-off bottom and press-on cap to reseal
Simply add the affinity resin to one of the polypropylene columns, remove the twist-off bottom and allow the resin to pack itself. Then add your sample and allow it to bind to the support and use a centrifuge to efficiently wash away any contaminants and elute your purified protein. Pierce Centrifuge Columns can be used in either spin or gravity-flow format. The spin format reduces sample processing time and makes column washing and elution more efficient. For gravity-flow procedures and when slow processing time is desired for binding steps with dilute samples, Column Extenders can be used to increase the column reservoir capacity. Use the any combination of processing techniques to get the best possible chromatography results.
• Affinity purification, affinity chromatography
• Ion exchange resins
• Gel filtration, desalting, buffer exchangeRelated ProductsPierce™ Centrifuge Columns, 0.8 mLPierce™ Centrifuge Columns, 2 mLPierce™ Centrifuge Columns, 10 mLColumn Extenders for Pierce™ Centrifuge Columns
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.