For customers studying GPCRs and other membrane proteins, MembranePro™ is the ready-to-use system that delivers enriched, functional membrane proteins efficiently and reliably. Benefits of MembranePro™ include:
• Proteins are displayed on human (or other mammalian) cell membranes
• Cellular quality control and mammalian posttranslational processing helps produce functional protein
• Proteins bud off as lipoparticles and are easily collected from the culture medium
• Lipoparticles are enriched with expressed receptors
MembranePro™ workflow is less labor intensive in comparison to traditional production of membrane fractions. Briefly, the MembranePro™ protocol allows you to:
1. Clone your gene of interest using a TOPO™ vector
2. Transfect with Lipofectamine™ 2000 and MembranePro™ Reagent into 293FT cells
3. Harvest lipoparticles 48h post-transfection, concentrate with MembranePro™ Precipitation Mix
4. Store lipoparticles at -80 C or proceed to downstream assays
MembranePro™ products are offered in two configurations – as an expression kit (TOPO™ vector, Lipofectamine™ 2000, MembranePro™ Precipitation Mix, MembranePro™ Reagent, 293FT cells) and as a support kit (Lipofectamine™ 2000, MembranePro™ Precipitation Mix, MembranePro™ Reagent). The expression kit is only available in a 10 reaction size; the support kit is available in 10, 60 and 600 reaction sizes.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.