The Ion 540™ Chip Kit contains 8 barcoded chips for sample tracking and sequencing with the Ion S5™ and Ion S5™ XL Sequencing Systems. The Ion 540 Chip electronically detects polymerase-driven base incorporation without the use of fluorescence. By eliminating the use of an optical detection system, this advance in next-generation sequencing technology allows for rapid sequencing times of as little as 2.5 hours for 200 bp sequencing.
The Ion 540 Chip Kit offers:
• Sample tracking functionality from an integrated barcode
• A rapid run time of as little as 2.5 hours for 200 bp sequencing, generating 60–80 million reads
• Support for a variety of research applications, including sequencing of up to three human exomes, transcriptome profiling, and targeted resequencing of gene panels
• Easy handling and loading of templated products for sequencing
• Compatibility with current library preparation methods
This kit is only compatible with the Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL systems.
Use this kit with the Ion 540 Kit-Chef and the Ion 540 Kit-OT2.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.