Alexa Fluor Plus 647 Phalloidin is a high-affinity filamentous actin (F-actin) probe (phalloidin) conjugated to our bright, photostable, Cy5/deep red fluorescent Alexa Fluor Plus 647 dye. For the best possible sensitivity and specificity, Alexa Fluor Plus 647 Phalloidin is synthesized to maximize the units of Alexa Fluor Plus 647 Phalloidin per length of F-actin.
• Selectively stains F-actin with 2–3 times the sensitivity of Alexa Fluor 647 Phalloidin
• Outstanding fluorescence performance for sharp actin cytoskeleton images
• Excitation/emission: 650/668 nm. Compatible with standard Cy5/deep red/far red filter set or laser settings
• More sensitive and specific than antibody staining against actin
• Optimal for fixed and permeabilized samples
Enables superior results in your actin staining studies
Phalloidin is a bi-cyclic peptide belonging to a family of toxins originating from the deadly Amanita phalloides 'death cap' mushroom and commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has several advantages over antibodies for actin labeling, including virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species of plants and animals, and low non-specific binding. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity, while Alexa Fluor Plus 647 dye provides Cy5/far red fluorescence of unparalleled brightness and photostability.
Use in multiple applications
Alexa Fluor Plus 647 Phalloidin can be used to visualize and quantitate F-actin in tissue sections, cell cultures, or cell-free preparations. Its staining is fully compatible with other fluorescent stains used in cellular analyses, including fluorescent proteins, Qdot nanocrystals, and other Alexa Fluor conjugates including secondary antibodies.