TaqPath ProAmp Multiplex Master Mix is for higher multiplexing (up to four targets) in high-throughput genotyping and copy number variation protocols requiring uncompromising reliability and accuracy, even in the presence of inhibitors commonly found in clinical samples. It is designed to deliver sensitive and confident results from genomic DNA targets on a broad range of qPCR instrument platforms. TaqPath ProAmp Multiplex Master Mix is manufactured under a strong ISO13485 quality management system and designed to produce consistent product performance lot after lot.
Request an evaluation sample ›
Two TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix formulations for different throughput needs
• TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix—includes ROX passive reference dye for lower multiplexing of up to three targets
• TaqPath ProAmp Multiplex Master Mix—includes MUSTANG PURPLE passive reference dye for higher multiplexing of up to four targets
Benefits of TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix
• Exceptional data quality—high specificity, dynamic range*, and reproducibility for genotyping and copy number determination even in the presence of inhibitors
• Tolerance of inhibitors common in samples prepared from human or animal sources (buccal swabs, blood, and card punches)
• 72-hour pre-PCR benchtop stability for automated workflows, enabled by our proprietary Dual-Lock Taq DNA hot-start mechanism
• Multiplexing breadth—two formulations that enable single to four-target detection per reaction
• Excellent manufacturing consistency—manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified facility
• Compliance Package containing most frequently requested compliance documents, available below
High accuracy genotyping with purified or crude lysate sample inputs
Accurate genotyping is important when limited sample is available or PCR inhibitors are unavoidable, such as in clinical diagnostic testing. TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix has been optimized to yield accurate and reproducible results, even in low-volume reactions prepared with purified or crude lysate sample inputs. The figure below shows a comparison of genotyping accuracy versus competitor mixes for the same set of TaqMan genotyping assays using crude lysate from blood samples. TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix has been optimized to provide high-specificity allelic discrimination as demonstrated by excellent cluster separation in genotyping plots, whether the sample is purified genomic DNA or crude lysate.
High accuracy copy number quantitation
The versatile TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix can also be used for highly accurate determination of copy number variation using purified genomic DNA samples. The figure below shows a comparison of copy number variation results using TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix versus two other mixes. TaqPath ProAmp Master Mix enables determination of copy number accurately in samples with up to four copies.
General purpose reagents manufactured under cGMP
TaqPath master mixes are general purpose reagents labeled “For Laboratory Use” and manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified and FDA-registered facility that adheres to cGMP principles.
In an effort to efficiently support your compliance needs, frequently requested compliance documents are available here:
• Statement of Quality relating to the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) to which TaqPath master mixes adhere
• Detailed lot-specific Certificate of Analysis (COA) (see below in Documents & Downloads section)
• Product Stability Statement
• Supplier Evaluation Support
-- Completed Self-Assessment
-- ISO certificates by manufacturing site
• BSE/TSE Statement
• Change control and notification registration
• For EU Reach compliance-related inquiries, email 'LSGChemicalCompliance@thermofisher.com'
Not finding the compliance document you’re looking for? Technical Support is here to help.
Learn more about multiplexing, TaqPath probes, and how our products can help with your projects ›
* Dynamic range is a property of both the assay and template concentration in the sample, as well as the formulation of the master mix; thus, individual results may vary.