POROS Benzyl Ultra Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC) Resin is a bioprocess high-performance resin engineered for improved impurity removal during large-scale downstream purification of biomolecules. This unique resin provides high resolution and capacity while maintaining excellent pressure flow characteristics, helping increase productivity.
POROS Benzyl Ultra HIC Resin is designed on the well-established cross‐linked poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) POROS base bead with an aromatic hydrophobic benzyl ligand. This resin is well suited for aggregate removal from monoclonal antibody monomer in flow-through mode at low salt concentrations.
Features of POROS Benzyl Ultra HIC Resin include:
• Superior resolution capability while maintaining excellent pressure-flow properties, achieved by combining the high-flow characteristics of a POROS base bead with a 50 micron particle size. Higher flow rates help improve productivity.
• Unique selectivity due to the aromatic hydrophobic ligand, allowing for purification of a wide range of biomolecules, including therapeutic proteins, antibody fragments, antibody drug conjugates, and enzymes
• High capacity, reducing the process volume significantly for subsequent steps
• Utilized at low salt concentrations and/or with weaker lyotropic salts in flow-through mode operations for aggregate removal to simplify processes and increase process design flexibility
• A rigid polymeric bead with covalent surface chemistry for easier handling and packing with superior physical and chemical stability, allowing cleaning with various clean-in-place (CIP) solutions such as sodium hydroxide and enabling a more robust downstream purification process
These features of POROS Benzyl Ultra HIC Resin are a major improvement to the performance of traditional HIC resins, setting the standard for hydrophobic interaction chromatography. POROS Benzyl Ultra HIC Resin combines superior and consistent performance, exceptional customer support, strong operational excellence, and a strong legacy based on proven technology from a well-established chromatography resin supplier. This resin comes with complete technical and regulatory support. POROS Benzyl Ultra HIC Resin is available in various bulk package sizes for large-scale purification, as well as pre-packed columns for initial process development.
Support matrix: cross-linked poly(styrene-divinylbenzene)
Average particle size: 50 µm
pH range: 1–14
Ionic strength range: 0 to 5 M, all common salts
Mechanical resistance: 100 bar (1,450 psi; 10 MPa)
Shipping solution: 18% (v/v) ethanol