Gibco Cancer Cell Culture Starter kits provide researchers with a convenient package of reagents for the culture and transfection of cancer cell types frequently used in cancer research. Cancer Cell Culture Starter kits are currently available for breast, lung, prostate, and liver cancer cells.
Each starter kit includes the following products for cancer cell culture and transfection: • Basal media • Fetal bovine serum • Penicillin-streptomycin • TrypLE Express Enzyme • Lipofectamine 3000 Transfection Reagent • Opti-MEM I • Nunc Cell Culture Treated EasYFlasks
The Cancer Cell Culture Starter kits contain the most commonly used reagents to help you start your cancer cell culture quickly and achieve successful transfections, based on a review of hundreds of cancer research publications in which the following cell lines were used: • Prostate cancer: DU145, PC-3, LNCaP • Lung cancer: A549, NCI-H975, PC-14, NCI-H1299 • Breast cancer: MCF-7, MDA-MB-231, T-47D, BT-474 • Liver cancer: Hep G2, Hep 3B
The Cancer Culture Starter kits also include a suggested protocol for the culture, dissociation (cell passage), and transfection of the most-published cancer cell lines. Achieve peace of mind and quickly initiate your experiments with these starter kits, the components of which may also be purchased separately.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Approved for shipment at Room Temperature or on Wet or Dry Ice
Contents & storage
• DMEM, high glucose, with GlutaMAX Supplement (store at 2–8°C)
• Fetal bovine serum, qualified, One Shot™ format, US origin (store at -5 to -30°C)
• Penicillin-streptomycin (10,000 U/mL) (store at -5 to -30°C)
• TrypLE Express Enzyme (1X), no phenol red (store at room temperature)
• Lipofectamine 3000 Transfection Reagent (store at 2–8°C)
• Opti-MEM I Reduced Serum Medium (store at 2–8°C)
• 1 case of 100 Nunc Cell Culture Treated EasYFlasks