This product includes a GeneMapper ID-X v1.6 full upgrade for previous full installation versions of GeneMapper ID-X Software. A prior registration code is required along with a new registration code.
GeneMapper ID-X Software is an automated genotyping solution for forensic casework and databasing data analysis, as well as for paternity data analysis. It supports a multi-user database configuration and provides a set of streamlined data analysis and sample review tools. It also offers a comprehensive quality value system that is designed to be optimized and validated for use in both expert system and traditional data analysis workflows. GeneMapper ID-X Software supports genotyping applications on the Applied Biosystems 310, 3100, 3130, 3130xl, 3500, 3500xl, 3730, and SeqStudio genetic analyzers. The release notes for this version provide information that should allow laboratories to decide whether internal validation testing is necessary for its system to comply with laboratory guidelines or regulations.
GeneMapper ID-X Software v1.6 features include:
• Supported operating systems: Windows™ 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1); Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit; Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, 2019 LTSC
• Support for Java version 8
• Latest oracle security patches
• Support for CODIS 3.2 Revision 16 and CODIS 3.3 specifications
• Internationalized with local language support for English, Russian, and Chinese
• Enhanced command line interface functionality
• Enhanced user interfaces for better usability
• Enhanced printing
• View Table by Marker functionality in Report Manager and export as PDF
• Enhanced profile comparison
• Enhanced Security and Audit Module
Overview of GeneMapper ID-X Software:
• Powerful, easy-to-use data analysis tool designed to increase lab productivity
• Comprehensive Expert System capability enables analysis of forensic databasing samples delivered by automated data assessment functionality and efficient manual review tools
• Complete Expert Assistant solution for analysis of forensic casework samples combines an efficient suite of manual review features with an integrated mixture analysis tool
• Quality control functionality allows rapid allele match comparisons and concordance searches within a data set
• Extensive security, auditing, and e-signature capabilities help protect data integrity and control technical records
• Multi-user database configuration stores your projects in a central location and facilitates information exchange
• Command Line Interface—offers the ability to access GeneMapper ID-X Software automatically (without human intervention) and helps streamline its integration with LIMS installations and other applications in an existing laboratory infrastructure
Automated data assessment
GeneMapper ID-X Software was designed to fulfill the requirements of both Expert System and Expert Assistant software. A combination of sophisticated automated data assessment processes and efficient manual review tools deliver comprehensive Expert System capability. This facilitates optimal interaction between the analyst and the data, helping to significantly reduce the amount of analysis time required for single source samples. Features such as the Analysis Requirements check, Allelic Ladder Quality Assessment, Improved Quality Value System, and Analysis Summary analyze samples and segregate them into pass or review categories based on your thresholds. Once segregated, you are enabled to easily conduct manual review of samples.
Despite its capabilities to automate and streamline the analysis of single source samples, an Expert System is unable to make the final analysis decision for most forensic casework samples and in particular for those containing mixtures. GeneMapper ID-X Software is designed to harness the automated, rule-based, subject-specific knowledge to act as an Expert Assistant to the forensic analyst, to help simplify much of the analysis process and empower the analyst to make key interpretation decisions. A mixture analysis tool determines the number of contributors to a mixture and helps efficiently manage the resulting possible genotypes. This enables the forensic analyst to interpret mixtures and generate accurate statistical calculations.
Manual tools help improve data review
Data analysis efficiencies offered by the automated data review processes have been further enhanced through the introduction of a suite of manual review tools. These developments focus on the plot window, enabling quick and easy access to all aspects of the data, thus helping to simplify the data review process. Colored marker header bars indicate which markers within a sample have failed to meet the user defined thresholds and the Process Quality Value (PQV) Details window details which flags have been fired and how much the observed value differs from the threshold. In addition, expanded labeling options are available to distinguish alleles from artifacts and reviewers can directly access raw data for further troubleshooting. Electronic/peer review of the data is enhanced with the review and manual acceptance of marker and sample level PQVs along with a detailed label edit table display.
For further troubleshooting, reviewers can also directly access raw data. The ability to review and manually accept markers and sample-level PQVs in a detailed label edit table display enhances electronic/peer data review.
A complete, verified system
GeneMapper ID-X Software is an integral component of the complete Thermo Fisher Scientific system of instruments, reagents, software, and services for human-identity applications. It has undergone extensive verification testing to help ensure robust design features, performance, and reproducibility. When you partner with Thermo Fisher Scientific, you gain access to one of the most extensive human identification resource networks in the industry. Our dedicated team of experienced forensic professionals—with extensive forensic product development experience—worked closely with the forensic community to develop GeneMapper ID-X Software. The software is part of a system that is supported by on-site technical assistance from skilled Field Applications Support Scientists and Field Service Engineers.