Gibco High-Intensity Perfusion (HIP) CHO Medium is an innovative, chemically defined, animal origin-free (AOF), cGMP medium. This easy-to-use perfusion medium helps enable high titers in numerous CHO cell lines from the beginning to the end of the process regardless of the type of perfusion platform, all while using less medium.
Features of HIP CHO Medium include:
• Tested with CHO-S, CHO-DG44, CHO-GS, and CHO-K1 cell lines
• Supports high cell density of over 100 million cells/mL at 1 vessel volume/day (VVD) continuous perfusion
• Demonstrated production of up to 1.7 g/L/day at 1 VVD continuous perfusion
HIP CHO Medium can be used at multiple concentrations to support seed train to production with one product. The flexible reconstitution of the medium allows dynamic tailoring of medium concentration to meet process and clone needs. Just as it can be used at multiple concentrations, HIP CHO Medium can be used in multiple perfusion processes: N-1 and seed train, intensified fed-batch, concentrated fed-batch, and continuous perfusion.In addition, HIP CHO Medium supports high cell densities at low medium exchange rates (as low as 1 VVD), which improves process efficiency.
HIP CHO Medium can help enable your move toward perfusion processes, which in turn can lead to a more compact and efficient workflow while improving productivity and quality.
Applications of HIP CHO Medium:
• Suspension CHO cells
• Selection system such as glutamine synthetase (GS) and dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
• Passaging, seed train, and protein production applications
• Optimized for use without feeds in perfusion application (other than glucose)