The Ion 530 Chip Kit contains 8 barcoded chips for sample tracking and sequencing with the Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL Sequencing Systems. The Ion 530 Chip electronically detects polymerase-driven base incorporation without the use of fluorescence. By eliminating the use of an optical detection system, this advance in next-generation sequencing technology allows for rapid sequencing times of less than 2.5 hours for 200 bp sequencing.
The Ion 530 Chip offers:
• Sample tracking functionality from an integrated barcode
• A rapid run time of only 2.5–4 hours, generating 15–20 million reads
• Read lengths up to 600 bp to support a variety of research applications, including targeted gene sequencing and microbial sequencing
• Easy handling and loading of templated products for sequencing
• Compatibility with current library preparation methods
This kit is only compatible with the Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL systems.
Use this kit with the Ion 510 & Ion 520 & Ion 530 Kit-Chef, the Ion 520 & Ion 530 ExT Kit-Chef, and the Ion 520 & Ion 530 Kit-OT2.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.