The Ion AmpliSeq SARS-CoV-2 Insight Research Assay GX is a quick, accurate, and comprehensive next-generation sequencing (NGS) assay to enable research and surveillance of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including variants of concern, through complete genome sequencing. The intelligent assay design includes new primers that broaden the coverage for variants of concern and increase the sensitivity of the assay for improved detection from lower viral titer samples.
This assay is compatible with the Genexus Integrated Sequencer, which performs library preparation, sequencing, analysis, and reporting in an automated sample-to-result workflow. Depending on the workflow, results can be obtained in as little as a single day. For an assay that is compatible with the Ion GeneStudio S5 System, please see the Ion AmpliSeq SARS CoV 2 Insight Research Assay GS
Features of the Ion AmpliSeq SARS-CoV-2 Insight Research Assay GX include:
• >99% coverage of the SARS‑CoV‑2 genome, covering all potential serotypes
• Samples with Ct values >28 can be used to prepare libraries
• Robust SARS‑CoV‑2 variant calling, lineage identification, and reporting with Genexus Software
• Helps broaden NGS epidemiological surveillance to cover emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants through panel design improvements
• Improved limit of detection from various sample types due to increased sensitivity
• Enables greater access to NGS to rapidly obtain epidemiological insights with rapid turn-around time, workflow automation, and seamless informatics, lineage identification, and data uploading to public SARS-CoV-2 data repositories for viral surveillance
With the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omicron variants) that may foreshadow increased transmissibility, disease severity, or impact on diagnostics, treatments, and vaccines, there is a critical need to sequence more SARS-CoV-2 samples. Researchers and public health agencies are leveraging Ion Torrent sequencing technology to discover, detect, and track emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. Scientists must rapidly gain insights around the SARS-CoV-2 mutation rate, host infection risk, and viral spread in order to help reduce further impact of the virus.
The Ion AmpliSeq SARS‑CoV‑2 Insight Research Assay GX includes a two‑pool RNA panel (SARS‑CoV‑2 Insight Panel ‑ Pool 1 and SARS‑CoV‑2 Insight Panel ‑ Pool 2), Genexus Strip 1, and Genexus Strip 2‑AS. The contents of each kit are sufficient for 16 samples. Each primer pool in the panel is provided in eight pairs of tubes, where each tube pair contains one tube with primers in position 1 and one empty uncapped tube in position 2. One 8‑strip pack of the Genexus Strip 1 and Genexus Strip 2‑AS (8 total of each strip) is provided with each kit. The assay also includes software complete with intuitive analysis tools for generating consensus sequence through multi-FASTA files and assigning variant lineage, helping make SARS-CoV-2 sequencing and epidemiology research accessible to labs regardless of NGS and informatics expertise.
The Ion AmpliSeq SARS-CoV-2 Insight Research Assay GX is compatible with Genexus Software 6.2 and later.